Chapter 1: The Faggot, the Fighter and the Macho

“You don’t know what you’re talking about!” growled Anastasia Nichol.

I was momentarily shocked to see my best friend single-handedly punch the most macho guy in the whole Evergreen High School, aka: Draco Collins, straight on his jaw. 

“Well, it’s true Anastasia! He’s a faggot! He’s a fucking faggot!” he snarled with all his might, while simultaneously pointing his finger straight at me.                

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you are probably wondering now on who's the one narrating this action-flick going on inside the usually quiet halls of our cafeteria.               

And like, who was also the one being pointed out by Draco as the most  fucking faggot in the whole word, well, not in the whole world perhaps, but I know you get my point. 

Nonetheless, it’s me, Jace Langston.

And if this was the story of my life, and you’re just unveiling the first chapter, I would have felt obligated to give an introduction about myself. Sadly though I can’t. I’m currently sitting on the cold hard ground right on my ass.

How?

Why don’t I tell you what happened the moment I got up from my safe haven (or my bed) unto the very moment of this supposedly crazy action film going on.

So I woke up with quite some cheery vibe, since yet again, it was the first day of classes, and I’ve really missed my best friends for quite some time already. All I did was read, space out and practically day dream my whole summer vacation.

Thinking of quite a lot of productive activities I’d been wanting to indulge in as school starts, I wasn’t aware that our abnormally crazy dog Piper left one of her infamous landmines near my desk.

And as anyone would predict it, I stepped on the bright-yellow liquid and BAM! I landed on my butt.

If I was not the least bit distracted, I would’ve have read the signs and must’ve at least thought that there would be a lot of slip and slide moments or perhaps butt-landing incidents about to happen this day, oh and it might even include public humiliation of some sort.

Shaking my head ever so lightly, I went inside the shower, scrubbed myself furiously, hoping to take off any trace of filth or whatever bacterial organisms got attached, and prepared myself to do the usual routine I always do in the mornings of school days.

As I went down the stairs I noticed that nothing and no one was in the kitchen and the dining hall except for a tray of food quite bluntly stacked against each other. 

I went to the fridge to have some early morning latte (a leftover from last night’s escapade) when I noticed a note stuck on the table.

Hey brotha! We all left early becoz today’s my first college freshmen orientation! It wasn’t our fault you were quite busy harassing your bed or perhaps succumbing to your wet dreams for about 12 hours, ta ta! Wish me luck!

Xoxoxo, Athena – your gorgeous sister

A smirk escaped from my lips and I couldn’t help but chuckle slightly.

Oh and just to clear things up, I’m way past those 'wet dreams" thing.  

I sat down and dutifully scarfed down the entire meal as I needed a lot of energy for who I was picking up today.

“Noelle! I’m leaving the house,” I shouted at the top of my lungs for our Nanny to hear me.

We never call our helpers maids unless we actually hate them and our Nanny Noelle has been in our family for quite some time already.