25

Song: Afraid by The Neighbourhood

After Ron's enjoyable birthday celebration he had been unfortunately intoxicated by Romilda Vane's love potion. Luckily Harry had taken Ron to Professor Slughorn, who had an antidote. It had all been very scary for the party involved. Lilac and Hermione were very interested to know that it was Slughorn's poisoned mead that really put Ron's life on the line that night. All they could think about is why he would have such a thing.

Weeks had passed since then, and things were rolling back to normal. Though nothing ever felt normal lately. Everyone seemed so on edge about everything. Lilac's will to do anything was quickly depleting as her closest friendship was withering with it.

Jade had been in a relationship with Blaise Zabini for a few months, and in that short time it had become very unhealthy. Zabini was the kind of person, who was particularly controlling and with Jade's lacking of self confidence it did not mix well. He constantly would tell her how he felt about her, but she couldn't seem to reciprocate if it wasn't sexual. Quickly, Jade started to lose that spark in her and began to separate ties with Lilac and others that were close to her.

Still, Lilac did her best to reach out to her and be there for Jade, but things just weren't the same. There was a kind of disconnection between the two that couldn't be repaired no matter what. This was something Lilac refused to believe. It was hard for her to grasp that her best friend really didn't want anything to do with her.

This loss added onto the large amount of pain she was feeling already. For months it had felt like the whole world around her could combust at any moment. The pressures of school and the dark forces that dared to take over were beginning to feel a little too much for Lilac. She knew that she had to be strong even though she felt miserable. There are things that she has to stand up for, and this was one of them. In her mind, Lilac could never not fight for the greater good.

Slowly she had started distancing herself from others. Lilac was already the type to not desire to be around too many people, but the feeling grew stronger. There was little to no motivation left in her to even get out of bed. Failing classes and talking to people were the least of her worries. It began to get even more unhealthy when she started skipping meals. She would sleep for so long that she'd forget to eat.

Regularly Draco would come visit her and lay with her. He encouraged her to try and get to class or eat something with him, but it was no use. On the occasion she came out of her room all of her friends would question her disappearance and her well being. Hermione talked to her constantly and always tried to make Lilac smile. Some nights Lilac went into the woods, where Luna would sometimes join her. Other times she sat alone and cried.

There was no explanation for the constant turmoil that was churning in her head. It wasn't like Lilac had no friends, but she constantly felt alone. Sometimes she'd sit in class and be okay, but suddenly have a breakdown because she thought of something that hurt her.

Teachers began to question her. Professor McGonagall sat down with her and tried to understand what was happening. It was concluded that this was something no magic in the world could cure. Lilac had to try and preserver through the pain.

One morning in mid April, Lilac woke up and felt she had to conquer the day. A very small, but still lively spark lit in her again. She remembered how she couldn't sit by and do nothing. No matter what she was feeling she had to work hard.

The Great Hall was filled with chatter as she entered for breakfast. Harry spotted her first and waved to her. He had known she wasn't herself lately and to see her smile back at him with a genuine, beautiful smile truly warmed his heart. For Harry, Lilac was like a sister to him and he never wanted to see her in pain.

Across the hall was Draco sitting alone eating what seemed to be potato wedges. He looked lonely to Lilac, so she went to surprise him.

"Guess who!" Lilac giggled as she covered Draco's eyes.

"I think it'll be my incredible girlfriend, am I correct?" he smiled and turned around to face her. Draco's arms snaked around her waist as he pulled her into his lap, "I've missed you... You seem happy. Are you?"

Lilac sat playing with his platinum blonde hair that was dangling in front of his forehead, "I feel happy in this moment. Maybe it'll be fleeting, but for right now I want to get back into the groove of things. I want to get better."

***

HIII!
hopefully this was enjoyable and not shit??
okay yeah also deep chap :')
anyway
love y'all the most <3

xx, k.t.