2

song: Ghosts by BANNERS

I sat at my table, writing a letter to Draco. Him and I had been friends since we were in first year together. Being sorted into Slytherin house, and being a pureblood most likely had something to do with it.

Personally I don't take pride in being a pureblood. People like to assume because my family are all Slytherin's, we are bad people. That we are death eaters and such. To set the record straight, none of us are. Honestly none of us ever plan to be.

During first year, Draco took me under his wing. Although being the dick he is, Draco tended to be quite kind to me. He showed true affection towards me, and it gave my heart a warm feeling.

He doesn't know this, but I know his status. The sixteen year old death eater. I've heard the word going around. I don't doubt it. Draco was technically raised into this. It couldn't have been that much of a surprise to him.

I worry about him though. The constant fear he could get himself killed. The thought of telling Draco I know what he is scares me. Specifically because of the reaction he could have. Knowing Draco, he could either flip out or be calm about it. There is no in between.

I wonder what tasks he is given. What he has to do for the Dark Lord. The horrible things he has to witness. I feel sorry for him, and I continue to be concerned about his mental and physical health.

Around two months ago Sirius Black died. I was there when he died. I witnessed it. I fought back along side everyone. I screamed with Harry as Hermione held on to me. After all Sirius was not only Harry's godfather, but he was also mine.

When the Order of the Phoenix was in its prime, my mother and father stood with them. They were order members, friends of James and Lily, close with Sirius. I never knew Sirius until he told Harry during third year he was the godfather of him and myself. Immediately Harry came to me, and I was able to send owls to Sirius during fourth year.

In fifth year Hermione came to my house and got me to come stay at Grimmauld Place with everyone. I finally got to meet Sirius. He was such an incredible man. I looked up to him. On June 17th I was with Harry, Hermione, Ron, Luna, Ginny, and Neville as we went to the Department of Mysteries. I don't like to look back on it. It's hard, but I've been doing a bit better lately.

Draco Malfoy has surprisingly been there for me. At first I pushed him and just about everyone else away. Just like I did when I was young.

The in the end of June after second year ended my brother died. He had been in sixth year, where I am now. It was a mysterious death. They say that a werewolf attacked him, while he was out exploring in the fields. Adam was such an explorative boy. Always wanting to discover something knew. It was dangerous for him to be out, considering my family was targeted by bad people. At that time they weren't considered death eaters, because Voldemort had not "risen again" yet. Now that he has, it's been confirmed that it was most likely Fenrir Greyback who murdered my brother.

I couldn't fully comprehend what had happened, and I didn't accept it. Now I accept it. I accept what death is, and the reality of it. After this experience I believe everyone should understand the reality of death and that its inevitable. As much as we don't want it to happen, how horrid it can be, it's going to happen whether we like it or not.

In the past month I have been keeping in contact with Draco. At certain times I'll wait for owls for quite a long time. Knowing his new status, I understand why. When he does contact me though, it's always sincere and loving.

Another shocking fact is that we have gotten very close. Him and I have basically admitted our feelings for one another. Nothing is set in stone, or "official" yet. If there is even a "yet". It all comes down to when we go back to Hogwarts. When I see him again.

One more week of professional dance training until Christmas. Most studios are closed at Christmas, but an old teacher of mine comes in and works with me while everyone else is on break. Draco doesn't know, and he won't ever, but a teacher/witch named Ms. Antra comes to Hogwarts to keep me in shape and dancing throughout the school year as well. I'm thankful for both of their generosity. Though, all the while I'm thinking of him.

Draco,
It's extremely lovely to hear from you. I cannot believe it's only a week until I see you again. Until we go back to Hogwarts. I'm well aware of your distaste of Hogwarts, but I still find it quite pleasurable, for some reasons more than others.
I continue to dance my heart out daily. It's quite amazing doing what I am passionate about. Sadly, it's coming to a close. As much as I love school, I love dance and I hate to leave it. Platform nine and three quarters is just calling our names. Until I meet you there at 10:45 a.m, I will be thinking of you all the while.
xx Lilac

***
ok if you're abt to be pissed because I made her parents Order members, stop rn.

xx k.t :)