10

song: Explain It at the Coffee Shop by Ashton Edminster (she's so talented omg)

dedicated to j.

Draco ate more than Lilac had expected that night at dinner. His appetite may have only been high because of Lilacs urge and worry, but still, he ate. For the rest of the night the two stayed apart. They needed time away, as everyone does sometimes.

The next day was Sunday, and Lilac was desperate to meet with her Ravenclaw best friend, Jade Hooks. The two of them had become friends during second year, but became closest during third.

Jade was a very aesthetically pleasing person, who was not only beautiful, but very kind. She worried about other people before herself, and did her best never to be apart of any kind of drama. The art of makeup was a piece of cake for her, and her long, curly, brown hair was literally the most ridiculously gorgeous thing ever. Her eyes were brown, but always accentuated with a pop of color on her eyelids, and her glasses made her a perfect figure.

The catch was that she was not just beauty, but she was brains. Jade and Hermione had some of the highest scores in all of their classes. Not only was she book smart, but she was also smart about life and the world around her. Jade was wise beyond her years. She was a reserved person, but once you got to know her she was one of the most hysterical people you'll ever meet. Lilac was her perfect match as a best friend. Almost opposites, but extremely similar in their own respects.

Lilac walked into the Great Hall on Sunday morning spotting the curly haired girl sitting alone sipping a cup of coffee. She headed towards the table and sat directly next to her. "Good morning, Vampy." Jade lifted her head up and smiled at Lilac, "Good morning, Li. How are you?" The two of them continued their morning talk, as Lilac skimmed through the Daily Prophet occasionally stopping to read some of Rita Skeeter's fantastic articles.

After sipping some morning coffee, and tea for Lilac, Jade offered to take a walk around the grounds with her. Lilac was bundled up in her Gryffindor scarf and hat, while Jade was in her Ravenclaw attire. After a few minutes Lilac spoke up, "Jade are you okay? You've just seemed off recently." Jade shook her head, "I've noticed a lot recently and I think that something bad is coming, and it's inside the castle already." Lilac stopped in her tracks. From the time even before returning to Hogwarts. She grabbed Jade's arm lightly and pulled her off the trail and away from the people walking around them.

"Jade. I know what you're talking about." Jade looked confused, "You do?" Lilac nodded in response, "Yes and worried that Draco could be apart of it. I hate to say it, honestly." Lilac had never wanted to admit that anything could be going bad on Draco's end of the story, but it seemed to be a very real possibility. "I think he tried to kill Dumbledore." Jade's eyes widened. "What!?" she just about shrieked, Lilac shushed her immediately. "Didn't you hear about Katie Bell?", Jade nodded, "Okay well I asked Draco about it and he basically told me he did it, and that he couldn't tell me what was going on. That it would hurt me too much." Lilac sighed.

"You need to tell someone." Jade whispered. "Here's the catch, Jade. I think I love him, and I don't know what to do. I just want for him to be able to talk to me. Maybe I could help him." Lilac frowned, as Jade pulled her into a hug. "It's going to be okay. We'll figure this out."

***

I hope you all enjoyed! comments and votes are appreciated:) I always like to hear what y'all think

xx k.t