6

song: Hermit The Frog by Marina and the Diamonds

The next morning arrived sooner than I had planned. I groaned to my dissatisfaction. Beside my bed lay a dead looking Pansy Parkinson. Quickly, I tip-toed out of the room after grabbing my toiletries and clothes.

Finally getting out of the bed quarters, I made my way down the steps and into the common room. Goyle sat talking with Blaise, but there was no Draco in sight. I said hello to them both, and continued to walk to the bathroom to get ready for my day.

My body felt sticky, and sweaty. It was as if I was just in battle with someone. I hopped into the shower for a good fifteen minutes, just letting the water run down me.

I got out, and began the rest of my usual routine. I finished up, and walked back to the Slytherin common room. Draco was now sitting with Goyle and Blaise in the same spot I left them. I decided on not saying anything to them, and to just walk up to my dorm. Obviously, I didn't get very far when Draco saw me.

As I walked away, having my back turned to them, someone very loudly cleared their throat. My mouth curved into a smirk, as my feet turned around quickly. "Yes?" I asked politely. Draco stood up, and walked over to me. "Well, I just wanted to say hello." He said with a large smirk on his face. Heat rose to my cheeks, as I felt his lips touch my forehead.

"Ugh. You know she probably doesn't even like him. Bet she's just using him for popularity." A snarky voice came from in front of Draco and I. Easily, I identified this voice to be of Pansy Parkinson's. "What was that Pansy?" I asked unlocking myself from Draco's grip. She laughed, "Oh, isn't it obvious? You don't actually like Draco, do you? Just a petty bitch."

This was all too amusing to me. Last year Pansy and Draco had a small fling in the beginning of the year. Suddenly now she believes he is her property.

"Gee Pansy, it must be really hard for you to get over Draco. I mean, with his handsome stature, and ever so sexually witty personality, who wouldn't?" Pansy stood befuddled. "But, if I do recall, you and Draco lasted no more than a week. How ever-so disappointing." I stood looking at her for a second, then turned to walk back to the dorms. As I was about to walk up the stairs, I turned around to see Pansy still standing there. "Oh Pansy!" I said snapping her out of whatever trance she was in, "Did you find your bitch in me?"

I decided to ignore everyone else for a while. My robes were now on. Then I grabbed my bag, double checked all my books were in it, and left Slytherin house. As I made my way to the Great Hall for breakfast, I got many thumbs up and high fives from people who were in the common room when I flipped out on Pansy.

Two hands slithered around my waist as I arrived at the entrance to the marvelous room. "Hello, love." I said giving him a kiss on the nose, "I'm going to say hi to Granger, Potter, and Ronald. I never got the chance to see her last night, then I will be right with you." He groaned, as I laughed.

As I approached the trio, Hermione whipped her head towards me and shot up from her seat. "Lilac!" she exclaimed. Hermione and I had been friends since we were kids. We lived in the same neighborhood, and everything. "It's so lovely to see you. Where were you last night?" She asked worriedly. Once again my cheeks shine quite red. "Oh no, it's a guy." She guessed. I laughed at her very accurate guess.

"Hermione, you're not going to like this, but I'm sort of seeing Draco." I said rushingly. Hermione's face sunk low. "You're what?!" she almost yelled. "Like I said, you wouldn't like this."

She began to pace around in a circle in front of me. Finally she stopped, and looked at me. "Does he make you happy?" She asked. I hadn't thought of this before. It didn't seem like something I stopped to think about. Anytime I was ever with Draco, I was happy. "Every time I'm with him, or even away from him." She looked at me solemnly. "Then that's all that matters. If he makes you happy, then he makes me happy."

I gave Hermione a big hug, before turning to Harry and Ron. First I said hello to Ron, and made small chat. When I turned to Harry, my eyes started watering but I held it in. He must've noticed because he immediately pulled me into a huge bear hug. We stood there for a minute, just being happy to see each other. I pulled away and looked at him. "Hello Harry." I spoke softly. "Hello Lilac, how are you doing?" he asked cracking a smile. "I'm doing as well as I can, you?" he snickered and replied, "So am I. Go get back to everyone. They'll be wondering where you are. We'll see each other later on." He said, as he kissed my cheek and let me walk back to the Slytherin table.

Draco sat eating what looked like a waffle. I swooped in next to him, and grabbed a plate quickly. "What in the world?" he said laughing, as I was gathering all the food I could and placing it on my plate. "I'm bloody hungry!" I protested. "Sometimes I really wonder how you're in Slytherin house," he said gesturing to me being close with Granger, and the fact I'm generally a nice person. "but then I remember how badass you are. It all makes sense." He said, setting his arm on my thigh.

"Oo, cheeky are we?" I laughed looking down at Draco's hand on my thigh.

"No, no. Just happy, and I'm never happy."

***
this is that "fuck me up" shit. I feel it.

-k.t