Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS [Part 4]

Start from the beginning

Clara leaned over to whispered the Doctor. "What about this one?"

"If you're giving me the option," He began. "I'd say, 'This one's real.'"

Lexi quickly pushed Lucas ahead of her as the Doctor did the same with Clara before they did the same with their own children as they all ran away with the two creatures chasing after them.

"She's right onto us." The Doctor said as they ran.

Lexi glanced back, looking to the other figure. "How could I do this to him? After all the other times..."

Clara and Lucas both stopped abruptly, making Jupiter and Sky almost run into them.

Clara looked back in the Doctor and Lexi's direction. "She?"

"And what do you mean by 'he'?" Lucas wondered, tilting his head.

"Yeah, let's not ask anymore." Sky quickly said as he and Jupiter ran past them, Sky grabbing Clara's hand to pull her along as Jupiter did the same with Lucas while the Doctor and Lexi followed after all of them before they all ducked into a small niche to the side of the corridor.

They tried pressing themselves against the wall behind a girder as best they could while the two creatures paused.

On the opposite side, a past Clara and a past Sky walked down the corridor.

"Does he remind any of you of one of those guys who can't go out with a girl unless his mother approves?" The past memory of Clara asked.

"Obviously his mother did." The past memory of Sky replied as he followed after the past memory of Clara. "Otherwise Jupiter and I wouldn't be here."

The two creatures quickly followed the past memories of Clara and Sky, letting the Doctor, Lexi, Sky, Clara, Jupiter and Lucas step out from their hiding place just before they heard a groaning sound which made them look up to the ceiling.

"What's that noise?" Lucas questioned.

"I do believe that we're right under the primary fuel cells. Right, dear?" Lexi questioned, glancing at the Doctor as he continued to hold her hand.

"Yes." He nodded at her before looking to everyone else. "And unfortunately, the fuel has spilled out. Therefore, the rods will be exposed. That means that they will cool..."

"And start to warp." Sky concluded, closing his eyes.

"And start to warp." The Doctor nodded. "Maybe even..."

"Don't say it, Dad." Jupiter shook her head. "Don't you dare say it."

"Maybe even break apart."

Suddenly, a large rod shot down at an angle directly in between the Doctor and Lexi and Sky, Jupiter, Lucas and Clara.

Lexi's eyes widened before she and the Doctor quickly ducked under the rod.

"I suggest we run, now!" Lexi exclaimed as she and the Doctor pushed everyone ahead.

"No arguments here!" Lucas shouted back as they all ran down the corridor, ducking and dodging rods as they shot through the walls.

Inside, TARDIS, Another corridor...

Tricky groaned in pain, having been impaled through his shoulder by one of the rods.

"Cut it off." Tricky said as Gregor tried to pull it free. "Just cut my arm off."

"No!" Gregor objected immediately.

"It's the quickest way to release me. No fear, no hate, no pain." Tricky tried to tell him. "I can get a new one. Disposable parts, just do it. It won't hurt me."