Nightmare in Silver [Part 5 - FINAL]

Outside, Castle, Courtyard...

"There." Porridge said as he handed Clara a cup of soup. "Get that in you. Warm you up."

"Oh, thank you, Porridge." Clara said gratefully as she tried to warm herself up, lifting the cup to her lips as she glanced to the side. "Doctor, what are you doing?"

With his sonic pointed at a cup of soup, the Doctor looked up from where he sat cross-legged on the ground. "What? Haven't you ever seen a man sonic a cup of soup before?"

"Can't say that I have." Clara giggled slightly, taking a sip from her cup of soup. "Can't blame me for being curious, though."

"Well, forgive me for trying to find something to take my mind off the fact that our fate depends on Lucas winning a chess match against a technologically advanced and deadly cyber life-force that's taken over my wife's body."

Clara sighed, setting her cup of soup down before walking over and sitting down next to the Doctor, Porridge walking off to give them a bit of privacy to talk. "Look, I'm just about thirty seconds away from having my own mental breakdown. However, I have faith in Lucas."

"I do, too. Don't get me wrong, he's a good chap." The Doctor told her, deactivating his sonic before putting it back in his jacket. He then sighed, lifting his cup of soup to his lips. "It's just... usually I'm helping save everyone. But now, I feel kind of... helpless."

"You are definitely not helpless." Clara told him seriously, putting a hand on his arm. "But I get it. When it really comes down to it, you're just worried about your wife."

"You are exceptionally perceptive, Clara" The Doctor began, turning his head to look at her. "And also, we ARE going to free Angie and Artie."

"I know we will." She nodded with a small smile before the two of them looked straight ahead again. "After all, that is what all of us do. Save people."

The Doctor smirked at that, nodding his head while they gazed at the soldiers milling about as they set up a line of defense.

"Doctor! Clara! In here, now!" Lucas's voice shouted from off in the distance, making the Doctor and Clara glance at each other before they quickly got up and bolted towards the castle.

Inside, Castle, Throne Room...

"Hey, they're you both are." Lucas spoke as the Doctor and Clara ran into the room. "Quick run down, what's our weapons strength?"

"One big gun, five of those hand-pulsar units, and a shiny black bomb that implodes the planet." Clara counted off.

"Yeah." Lucas winced. "Yeah, that one. Now, I'm not an expert, but it should have some sort of remote triggery thing, right?"

"This thing?" Clara asked, pulling the trigger unit from her pocket before holding it up.

"Yes." Lucas nodded. "Brilliant. Pass it here."

"No." Clara shook her head, tossing the trigger unit to the Doctor, said man catching it before walking around the chess table as he eyed where the pieces were now placed on the board. "No offense, Lucas, 'cause you're not the one I'm weary about." She then let her gaze shift of to... Lexi? "I'm a bit iffy on Miss suddenly so silent."

"Oh, don't be so melodramatic, Clara." Lexi grinned, sticking her foot out and tripping the Doctor before catching the trigger unit as it flew out of his hand. "Your wife seems to think your clumsiness is cute, Doctor. But I see it as a major disadvantage for you."

The Cyber-Planner laughed giddily as the Doctor watched with wide eyes from his spot on the floor as she banged the trigger unit against the table, smashing it to pieces.

𝑫𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑬𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒔 ☆ The Glorious Series ⦅ BOOK 2 ⦆जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें