Chapter 18- Read All About It

Start from the beginning

I understand that it was their jobs but these stories were starting to get ridiculous. I didn’t know how other celebrities handled this. Whenever I tell Danny this he always says that same thing, ‘just ignore them’, but that’s easier said than done.

Kirstin nodded, not asking further about the topic. “Anyway, ready to rid your mind of all your stresses and worries and have a fun filled day of shopping?” she grinned.

I smiled back. “Oh yeah, I have been waiting to just have a nice relaxing day with my best friend” we laughed as we made our way to the shopping mall.

The shopping mall was busy when we entered, so busy that people didn’t bother to notice me which was good. There were only a few people who asked for pictures and autographs but other than that there was nothing that could have ruined this perfect outing with my best friend.

I was laughing at something Kirstin had said and wasn’t concentrating on where I was going which resulted in me crashing into someone, my heavy bags of shopping falling to the ground with a thud. I winced as the girl that I had bumped into screamed like a little child who didn’t get her way.

“I’m so sorry, I-“

I paused as I looked up to see who it was. She smirked back at me as she looked me up and down.

“Well, if it isn’t Lena Brooks” she air quoted.

“Selina” I said with a curt nod. She was of course there with her posse.

“What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be in glamorous Hollywood with your numerous boyfriends soaking up the sun instead of coming here to this dreary weather?” she said rather smugly, her chin titled up.

I ignored her comments about the boyfriends and plastered a smile on my face. “No, I’m on a break for the summer so just catching up with some friends and family” I said feigning cheeriness.

“Oh, because I read somewhere that you were going to stay there?” she pouted her eyes going wide feigning interest. The girls behind her sniggered.

“No. You should know never to believe what you read or hear Selina”

She giggled, placing her hand on her heart. “Of course, silly me. Like there are reports saying that your boyfriend is Kason Rayes but that has got to be untrue, right?”

I took a deep breath, refraining from punching her in the face.  Kirstin could see me seething and grabbed my arm before I did anything rash. I didn’t know what was up with me and my violent mood swings today.

“Listen Selina, we have to go, we have a busy day ahead of us” Kirstin said, saving me from another second with Selina.

“Oh Katie, I didn’t even see you there”

“It's Kirsty” she replied, almost seething herself.

“Whatever” Selina shrugged, directing her attention back to me. “I just thought you wouldn’t hang around with people like that Aileen”

Instead of saying anything back, I decided to be the bigger person and just grabbed my bags from the ground, looked Selina in the eye and said “It was nice to see you Selina”. Just as I grabbed Kirstin’s arm and walked away, I looked back at Selina, who was laughing with her friends, before stomping over to where she was and said, “Do you know what? It wasn’t actually good to see you, it was actually rather unpleasant and I hope I never see you again. Good day Selina”.

I just caught a glimpse of her shocked face before I turned around and walked away, this time with the smirk now on my face.

Kirstin laughed beside me, the shock evident on her face. “Where did that come from?”