7. The Plan

What’s up, you wonderful people? I hope you are all well. Thank you all so much for reading so far and keeping me motivated enough to write this next chapter. To be honest, I was sort of stuck with ideas so I’m sorry for the bad quality of it. Hope you enjoy it nonetheless.

I’d like to dedicate this chapter to BritishTeaAndBooks for being such an amazing supporter of this story and I always look forward to her comments. Also, she loves Eva as much as I do, maybe even more so, what more do I need to say? Haha. She is also a lovely person with amazing writing skills and her use of language is beautiful so go check out her stuff please! Thank you

Please comment to let me know your thoughts and vote if it’s worthy of that. Thank you once again

~ Zana

Chapter Seven ~ The Plan

As ordered by Eva, room D56 was packed the next morning by nine am. The room was the largest in the building and it was more of a hall with a small platform at the front. This platform had a microphone and microphone stand on it, ready for Eva to use. Usually, the room was filled with rows and rows of chairs but these were removed for the purposes of this short meeting. The room was filled with chatters and excitement: some of these men hadn’t seen each other in months. As Eva entered the room and made her way to the platform, the men nearby quietened down as she walked past. By the time she was settled in front of the microphone, facing the crowd, the room was completely silent and everyone, automatically, stood in organised rows. Fear emanated from the crowd, causing them to root to their spots. One move and she’ll surely kill them, they all thought. Eva’s eyes travelled the room, taking in each and every one of them. Most of the room was filled with chocolate, brown haired, electric blue eyed men and she knew them to be security guards. None were trained for the harsh world out there; they mostly worked within the premises. She classified those into group A. There were a few brown eyed, lighter brown haired men, which were also not much use to the plan she had for them: they were the cooks, cleaners and others with various jobs of the same sort. They were listed under group B. Eva sighed unable to perceive any bald men; Jett was right, she supposed, she had killed all the men trained for the job she will be giving most of them. And then she spotted Darren at the far back, his black hair prominent and distinguishing him from the others. One look his way and a second plan formulated in her head.

“Well,” she finally began after finalising her plan in her head. “I must regretfully say that Jett Lawson has been captured.”

Gasps erupted around the room; many of the men were fond of Jett because they all knew he possessed some sort of authority and still managed to empathise with them, unlike Eva. It was rumoured that Jett sometimes convinced Eva to carry out a softer punishment to their fellow colleagues.

“Who?” A voice shouted, louder than the chatter around.

“Be quiet!” Eva addressed the noise. She hadn’t given anyone permission to speak up, yet she couldn’t exactly punish everyone in the whole room. “At this very moment, we are uncertain who his captors are yet we have a few ideas. It is very important to get him back as you all know he knows the ins and outs of this place, every detail possible about each and every one of you. He is very dangerous in the wrong hands and a huge threat to each of your safety. This is why it is im ––” She was interrupted by the noise of the door swinging open. All eyes turned to the door. In ran a small boy, making his way to the front.

“Max, I said not that door!” Alice came chasing in after him, out of breath. The heavy sigh she made echoed through the room. The men seemed to find this comical and quiet laughter broke out.