24. Covered In Ice

Twenty Four ~ Covered In Ice

Panic stricken, Pandora dropped all the blood packets as she stood up. Her eyes were wide with shock. How had she felt no danger upon his approach?

"Eva, whatever you do, don't use the Crest on him. I will be back for you, but let me get the others." As Pandora spoke, Eva stopped patting herself in search of the Crest.

Fox stepped over the dead body by the door and over Eva who was still bent over, advancing towards Pandora as she inched backwards in retaliation.

"No need for that. I've brought them here for you, to save you the effort." With a smirk, Fox picked up a sealed packet from the floor and tore it open with his teeth to show authority. "You can thank me later."

"What are you talking about?" Pandora backed away from him yet again, as he continued his way towards her, emptying the packet into his mouth.

By this time, Eva was standing directly behind Fox, having him sandwiched between the two. He didn't seem to care that much. Eva was waiting to catch Pandora's eye, having come up with a plan. If only Pandora would look at her, then they can both grab him and teleport him back to the cave. There, they can hold him hostage. She never believed Fox when he said he had the others, thinking he was trying to catch them off guard.

"Just look out of the window." Fox used his chin to point towards the window behind Pandora.

She only twisted the slightest so she could see outside the widow and still see him through her peripherals. She gasped at the sight she saw; there were loads of guards surrounding the house, four of which held back Jax, Darren, Tobias and even Max by the arm. Well, all of them but Max who was picked up.

Pandora turned back to face Fox.

"How?"

"Why don't we all join your friends first and I'll explain everything." His smirk grew wider.

"Why? What's going on, Pandora? What's down there?" Eva grew impatient as she was left ignorant to the scene outside.

"Why don't we all go downstairs and have a closer look for ourselves?" Fox became agitated as no one moved. "Hurry up," he screamed.

Eva headed towards the door, followed by Pandora and then Fox, wanting to make sure that neither make a run for it or suddenly disappear. He held onto Pandora's arm, leaving marks on her skin. They made their way down the stairs and out of the front door, which was left open.

"Max!" Eva screamed, attempting to run towards him, but Fox held her back.

He released his other hand from gripping Pandora as he figured she wouldn't go anywhere, having everyone here. He gestured for one of his guards to grab Eva. By this time, Eva had the Crest firmly gripped in her hand. The guard wrapped one arm over her shoulder and around her neck as he stood behind her and held her waist with the other.

Pandora stood dumbstruck as Fox paced back and forth between the distance of her (and Eva) and the others who stood a few metres opposite.

"What's going on?" Pandora finally asked.

"Well, this was all a set up, you see," Fox cackled, while they stood vulnerably.

Tape was stuck over each of Darren's, Tobias' and Jax's mouths.

"I want my mummy!" Max screamed as he struggled in one of the guards arms, but it was no use. Max was too little and weak to get out of his grasp.

"How did you capture them?" Pandora's knuckles turned white as her hands were in fists. Her anger built up.

"Contrary to your beliefs, I'm not that stupid. I began to notice that Tobias was away from the base a lot. More than he had ever before, for much longer periods of time. Every time, I search for him, his aura just disappears, so I plugged his energy into the computer and kept an eye on him that way. It was not that hard really. I found your little cave. Your friend, Jax, is quite clever. I never doubted that. I should have known that he was behind it all, all along." Fox gritted his teeth towards the end, annoyed that he hadn't picked it up sooner. "Just no one is as smart as me."

"You're going to pay, Fox! For all the suffering you have caused to my family throughout the years and all the others. No one deserves the way you are treating them. You want to divide us all; the strong and the weak. Your strategy is going to be your downfall one day, Fox!" Pandora shouted.

Fox chuckled as her words ended.

"Oh, my dear, Pandora!" He whispered as he came close to her and gently rubbed the back of his hand on her cheek, down to her chin.

Pandora flinched and took a few steps back. Eva took this opportunity to bite the hand of the guard who held her back, causing him to release her, and pointed the Crest at Fox. Without a second thought, she pressed the button, a rainbow of colours engulfing her and the Crest before shooting towards him.

Only, the shot of power from the Crest never made it to Fox. Pandora had used her powers to get close to Fox very fast to strangle his neck, in a split of a second, while Eva did as she was doing. The rainbow of colours enveloped Pandora just before she had a chance to touch him.

Pandora fell to the ground as Eva released the button on the Crest. She was routed to the spot from the shock. The guards already knew what was going to happen and they all disappeared, safely back to the base.

Fox stood, staring down at Pandora as crystal ice began to form at each ends of her body. They made their way down her body, slowly, towards each end.

"She's going to explode!" Tobias informed them all.

He teleported from his spot to Eva and grabbed her before appearing behind a tree not too far from the house. Max was running towards Pandora out of curiosity, however, with a blink of an eye, Jax caught him and teleported both of them behind the tree next to Eva and Tobias. Darren was running as fast as he could behind them.

Fox waited until the last second. He enjoyed the suffering Pandora was going through as she shook vigorously in pain while she was covered with Ice. He planned to teleport out of the place as soon as she was completely covered.

Then it happened; her body exploded into little, shiny sharp ice pieces.