21. A New Discovery

Hey guys! I would just like to thank you all once again. I know it's not much, but after such a long time, Silvery Touch managed to rank 993 in the fantasy category! I can't be thankful enough.

I would like to dedicate this chapter to NatiSantos as she is the sweetest girl ever and she has begun a new story called Orca, which is such a unique and adorable story. Go give her some love. 

Please leave a comment and vote if you think this chapter deserves it. Thank you

~ Zana 

Chapter Twenty One ~ A New Discovery

Eva, Darren and Jett were gathered around the table, well, Eva and Darren were, while Jett stood, making rocket noises as he lifted Max into the air. Jett's arms were beginning to tire after the twentieth lift, but he wouldn't allow an inkling of disappointment to fill Max's insides.

"Again, again!" Max giggled as his hair flopped up and down with each lift. He loved the feel of the brush of air as it resisted against his face.

"Okay," Jett huffed, lifting him up slower this time. It was like a workout for him after so many lifts; the little boy didn't weigh much, but repeatedly lifting him into the air was hard work.

Eva tapped her fingers on the table in a rhythm impatiently, her legs swinging back and forth as she sat on her chair beside Darren. Darren, on the other hand, just sat with his head resting on the table.

"So, what do we do now?" Eva asked, frustrated that they were doing nothing but waiting for the past, God knows how long. She began playing with The Crest, throwing it from one hand to the other. She missed using The Crest, where she always felt in power when in use. Look at her now – she's taking orders from creatures.

Darren lifted his head up when he saw Eva take The Crest out, eying the object as it moved from one of her hands to the other. He bit his tongue in concentration, waiting for the perfect opportunity to grab it.

"We wait," Jett responded in between rocket noises as he let go of Max once his feet were firmly on the ground.

Max noticed the slowing down of the lifts and didn't ask for another one, so they both sat by the table, opposite the other two. Jett helped Max onto his seat before taking the seat opposite Darren.

"How much longer?" She put the Crest away and Darren resumed his position with his head resting on the table.

"It shouldn't be too long; Jax has gone to find the gloves that Darren inconsiderately chucked away and Pandora, so hopefully soon." His voice dripped with uncertainty even though his face displayed none of the sort.

"Right. Well, wake me up when he's back," Darren grunted.

While they waited, Eva and Jett played I spy with Max, and Darren snored his way through a dreamless sleep. Max found amusement in the crude noises that escaped Darren's mouth, letting out giggles once in a while. At one point, he leaned over the table to try and close Darren's drooling mouth, but he just couldn't reach. So, instead, Eva did it for him, only for Darren to open his mouth again. Jett did not like that gesture one bit but he held the anger in, after all, she was only closing his mouth and nothing more.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you," Jett sat up as he, too, was resting his head on the table with his arms underneath as a cushion. The ends of his black hair fell over his forehead, a few strands covering his right eye.

"Mm?" Eva mumbled, cocking an eyebrow as she slumped against the back of her chair, looking for a more comfortable position.

"I know why someone from RDI stole the files the other day." Jett was referring to the software company that is the biggest competition for Eva's company, which she has a whole other department working on.