Chapter Thirty-Five

Start from the beginning

"Really? I'll wait with you." Riley offered.

"Nah, its fine. I'm sure you guys got work to do anyways I'm sure. I don't need to hold you back. Go ahead, I'll see you two shortly."

They exchanged looks with each other then to me. "Alright then," Riley nodded. "I'll see you." They both turned to head for the portal. I turned my back to face the direction of the court house.
Tugging on the straps of my book bag, I began to head up there. I walked right near the Forrest line and the village. So I wasn't in the middle of everything and I could cut right through.

I glanced up when the sun began to be covered up by dark clouds. Looks like it might rain.. great.. I might be sitting out in the rain..
Whatever those two are doing, they better hurry up before it does that. The light had gotten dimmer, the wind was cool.
It was actually nice. Very relaxing to me.
After a little bit, I finally made it to the court house. Going up to the side of the building, I pulled my bag off my shoulder and sat it down on the ground.

I gave a quick scan around the area before sitting down in the grass, leaning up against the wall of the building. The wind blew another gentle, cool breeze over me, it riffled the grass and the leaves high up in the tree. The sky was getting dark with clouds, no more harsh or bright light.
I took a breath, pulling my bag closer to me. I laid my head down onto my bag.
The weather was beginning to make me a little sleepy.

I waited, not so sure what Kent or Dash was doing, but I'm sure they would find me here when they leave.
I closed my eyes for about a minuet to rest them, until I heard the grass rustle as someone walked trough it. Or more than just someone.

I opened my eyes instantly, looking up to who stood in front of me. I was right, there was more than one.
"Hey, Mavis. Old pal." Ryan smiled at me.

Oh no, no, no, no, no, no.

"We have been missing our little friend. Where's your body guards, hm?" He questioned, looking around and staying alert.

"Close." Was all I was able to get out.

"Well, you know how upset it makes us knowing that we can't see you anymore." He came up to me, leaning on the wall. Making me scoot away a little.
"We missed our little play thing." He ruffled up my hair, messing up the position of my hat.
I glared, brushing my hair back and pulling my hat back to its normal position.

"Hey, what's in here?" He took my bag, yanking it open without using the zipper but not necessarily ripping or ruining it.
I jumped up quickly in response to this, trying to grab my bag back but his 'goons' ran up to me, keeping me back and away from him.

He started pulling out books and papers, throwing them over his shoulder and out of the bag, about completely emptying all of the bag's contents out.
"So you're finally going back to school? The high school right here?" He pointed in the direction I had came from.
I didn't answer him, just lightly struggled to pull away from the other boys.

"Man, a shame we don't have any classes together. But maybe I'll see you around." He dropped my bag carelessly to the ground, walking up to me.

I stood firmly when he got right in my face.
"You like it there in school? Making friends?"

I didn't respond, my expression remained the same, hard glare.

"Just thought to wake you up to reality, they will only like you, because of your friends. I can guarantee, the moment they leave you and if you were back out on your own like you were, everyone will only see you for what you really are and always will be, a street rat."
Without warning, I felt his hand come into contact with the side of my face. The impact was so hard that it knocked me off my feet and back onto my butt.