Chapter 26 - New Years

"Tonight is going to be so fun" Ally said to me as she is standing next to me in my bathroom as we both are doing our makeup.

Today is New Years Eve and Justin and I decided that we wanted to have our friends over for a little New Years party. Ally, Chaz, and Ryan flew out and it feels like old times. Expect in a new house and with a bunch more people.

Usually every year, we just hang out at one of our houses and celebrate just the five of us. The last two years we broke the tradition. Last year, Justin wanted to go to his friends party so we did that. And the year before that, we had just moved here and only half our stuff was unpacked so we stayed home just the two of us.

"Also I would like to point out that Justin looks so much healthier and happier" Ally said causing me to smile. I stopped what I was doing and looked over at her.

"I know" I said back smiling. "I'm so happy for him. He's come a long way. The last year and a half has been one of his toughest times. He's finally back to himself and happy. It feels so good to see it. And his next interview is at the end of this month which is his first one in over a year"

"That's amazing. Good for him. It's good to see you both happy." She said back.

"Thank you, Al" I started to do my makeup again and just thought about tonight. It's going to be a good night. Every new years is always good. There's never any problems.

Expect for one year. In freshman year, Justin and I got into a fight and I almost didn't go to Ryan's to celebrate with them. But then Justin showed up to my house and apologized. It was a dumb fight looking back at it. That day it wasn't dumb to me, well considering I almost didn't go to Ryan's, it was a big deal for me.

**Flashback**

"You're being dramatic" Justin said to me causing me to roll my eyes and cross my arms. We are currently standing inside my room.

"I'm not. You really pissed me off" I told him.

"I'm not fighting with you over something stupid-" I cut him off.

"It's not stupid! It's a big deal for me. I trusted you not to say anything. Not to Lucas, not to our friends. I begged you to leave it alone. I didn't even want you to know. But you go and tell our friends then go beat Lucas up and now the whole school knows he cheated on me. That's so embarrassing, Justin! That's why I'm mad. Because you being my best friend I should trust you not to say a word when I asked you not to" I yelled at him. My mom and Jeff are both not home so I'm not worried about them hearing this.

"But he deserved it! And exactly my point, I'm your best friend, Jamie. I'm going to stick up for you. You really thought I would let him get away with hurting you? Do you not know me at all?-" I cut him off again.

"And I appreciate you for that, but I did not want anyone to know. I almost didn't even tell you. And now everyone knows because you couldn't just listen to me" I fought back.

"I'm not going to say sorry for that. Like I said he deserved what he got and now everyone knows he's an asshole." He said then did the little hair flip he does. I rolled my eyes and looked away. "Let's just go to Ryan's" he said quietly.

"No" I said back without looking at him. I heard him say.

"Then I'll just go" he said back.

"Good" I said as I looked back at him. He was walking towards the door.

"Grow up" he said louder as he stopped and looked at me again.

"Just leave, Justin." I said in the same tone as him then he scoffed and walked out of the room. I groaned loudly.