Chapter 1

Emery's Point. Of. View

Pain. Pain is the only thing that I have ever felt.
Since my parents died, I was quickly demoted to an omega, and well since then the real pain came rolling in. I'm beaten all the time. I don't think of myself as a werewolf anymore, just a mere human punching bag.

Yes. You heard me right. Human, I'm human. Why might you ask? My pack had appointed a witch to tear my wolf from my human form. Before leaving the witch said that I'd only get my wolf back if I found a mate who loves me. When she finished the whole pack was laughing and she scoffed saying that that would never happen.

As if the physical pain wasn't enough, they hurt me as much as they can mentally as well.

So, basically my life has no goals. What's the point? I mean everyone else my age has real stuff to worry about, like finding their mates, shifting and pack training. But the things I have to worry about is making the pack's food, making sure I'm not angering anyone, and whenever other packs visit I have to stay like a shadow- I can't even meet other packs. Which should just show you that my life has no meaning.

My pack, the worst one ever by the way, has already brutally taken me off of the path of pack training. Who am I to complain though? I mean my situation is pretty bad but it could be worse right?

Most people don't get fed. I'm lucky enough to get a few crumbs every two weeks. I now know not to ever try and sneak food, the last time I tried to, I ended up with three broken ribs, fractured both my arms and very nearly suffered brain damage. Still though, that's not it, I turned 16 a long time ago and still have no mate.

I'm now 19 with no mate. This can not go on for much longer. I have decided to run away.
Maybe then I will get a life that I deserve.

I created a quick and fool proof plan in my head and smirked to myself. By tomorrow morning I would be long gone.

As I smirked, the pack slut Cassie and her new boy toy- the packs beta, walked by.
"Ew, what is that loser smiling at?" She said as she slammed my head into the wall three times. "Slut can't even fight back", Cassie added as her boyfriend kicked me. Before leaving, they laughed at the sight of me laying on the ground with blood dripping down the side of my face.

Sighing, I limped down the stairs to the servants quarter. Well it wasn't exactly a servants quarter as I was the only one unfortunate enough to live there. All the other maids had been moved up to the middle floor with the pack warriors.

Grabbing a dirty, greasy handkerchief (which is one of the only things I have by the way) I got started on cleaning my wound. Now all I had to do was pack things, which wouldn't be a hard job as I only owned a dirty, worn down handkerchief, I did at one point own more, but Cassie had taken all of them from me. But, now that I was leaving, I didn't need to worry if I took something extra, right? With an evil grin on my face I walked upstairs. Everyone was out clubbing as it was a Friday night -so I had nothing to worry about, as in someone catching me would be highly unlikely. I walked upstairs to Cassie's bedroom.

No, I was not going to take her clothes that could fit four year olds, I was going to get my rightful belongings back. I'm sure she had them somewhere inside her room. I reach her room and surprisingly the door was unlocked. "Yes!"
I thought to myself, this was the best part of today.

I check her closet but she didn't have anything. Who would Cassie have given them to? Gasping, I realised that Cassie would've given them to the new Luna- Luna Layla, who by the way is a total gold digger. Our old Luna Amor had died when she was pregnant due to a pack attack.