Do you regret it?

Emily's pov

    "It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay." I kept chanting this as a mantra from yesterday.
And standing in front of the school building I didn't feel so okay.

I knew there would be no avoiding Jack here. I'd see him in class , in the hallway. Heck I'd see him everywhere because I was born unlucky.

I suck in a deep breath and push open the doors heading inside. It's chaos inside. Well normally schools are meant to be just that. Everyone walking around , screaming , jumping on each other etc. But this is another level of chaos. Everyone were gasping , some were crying. Everyone just looked plain sad.

Crowded near the reception was the police. Curious I walked towards them , careful not to gain much unwanted attention. The police weren't really the people I wanted to deal with now. Edging as close as I could get I saw it.
Laying infront of me on the table was our school receptionist. Brutally handled with a knife. Severe cuts all over her body. And an E carved on her cheek.
The seen looked ghastly and I turned around swallowing a bile. I was new here but from the short time I'd known her , she was very sweet and helpful. I look around me and everyone has the same expression I'm wearing. A mixture of sadness and fear.
I go over to a bunch of girls and they flinch seeing me.
Ah I remember. I'm the bully. I shrug their behavior off and ask the nearest girl.

"What happened here? Why is Miss Janice...uumm."

"Dead you mean? " This comes from a considerably short girl with a pixy haircut. She looks at me with curious eyes. Observing my reaction.

"Yeah that. " I reply holding her gaze with a strong one of my own. What was her problem? I don't remember bullying her.

"No one knows. Today morning they opened the school and there she was. Found like this." Another girl breaks down and sobs imagining the wrecked body I just saw.

"No one knows who did it? Not even a clue?"

"No" the weird short girl replies. "We're guessing it was someone who had something against her. But who would ? She was such a sweetheart. Maybe someone joined the school just to get done with her." She smiles sickly at me and with a jolt I realise what she's intending.

I give them all a small smile and turn away walking fast. They think I did this? But no one would suspect me. Unless..

Unless someone drops a thought into their minds that I was a suspect. I recall the E carved onto her cheek.
Oh my god. E for Emily. 
Am I overthinking? Or is it true?

Drowned in my thoughts I don't see infront of me and I dash into someone. Someone familiar. He wraps his arms around me and hoists me up.

I look up and stare at Jack. But he's different. Too different.
He smiles at me and leans closer his lips touching my ear. I give and involuntary shudder.
"Having a good day Emily baby?"
The way he says it makes me want to puke. He kisses my jaw and pulls back and an emotion crosses his face. But he hides it. I'm still wrapped in his arms and it doesn't feel warm anymore. I'm terrified of him.

"You...you started it didn't you. The rumours."
He gives a dark chuckle " Of course I didn't. Why would I? There is no other motive for you to join school is there?"

I look up at him stunned. Does he know? Does he know about Rose and I? But that's impossible.

Suddenly he drops his arms and pushes me to the ground. I wince. So this is the Jack. The real Jack. And I caused this. My rejection caused this.
I'm burning with regret and I want him to know.
"Jack I .." but he cuts me off mid- sentence.

"What? You regret dumping me? Now? Is it because you're scared Emily? Aw , funny how fear does stuff to people isn't it?" He bends down and when he's right infront of my face he spits his words on my face , "YOU'LL pay Emily. You will."

He gives me a light kick and walks away. Leaving me to come in touch with what just happened. By now even though he hasn't told me I'm positive Jack did that to poor Miss Janice. 
I hit my head back onto the wall and curse myself. Did I cause this? Was I the reason he started again?
And I know I am. But I'm too much of a coward to admit it.

Sitting there in the middle of the hallway I know I have to stop him. And I know I'll have to take some serious choices. But the question is , will I be able to make the right one?