Twenty-Four

The crowd was loud, I could feel their cheering through vibrations in the tunnel while we were waiting to be released into the stadium.

We were the underdogs. Rosewood Prep has been a high school power house from our area for years. Everything was about football here. There were several division five bound players and the entire school board paid their expensive yearly tuition for them to come here specifically to play and win football games. They were the second seed in this years playoffs and we were the second-to-last seed. I liked it this way, though. There was never any pressure, just go out and put your whole heart into. Which is what I did anyways, so that was the easy part.

They let us out onto to the field. We had already warmed up so I stood on the sideline and continued to get some passes in while the coin toss and possession was being determined.

We won the toss but elected to kick off first and receive the second half kick instead. I liked that because it gave us the opportunity to score before half and then score again right out of half time, if the opportunity arose of course.

We kicked off and the ball sailed into the back of the end zone.

We were underway.