Chapter Eight: Elaine Harper

A/N Well, hello there, awesome people. You may be thinking: "Wait, didn't Lora already update this week?" Well, yes, but because of our hitting 1000 reads (YAY), I have given you another chapter :3

So, without further ado, I give you the introduction to Miss Elaine Harper:

Riding on a motorcycle was like flying. Having her arms wrapped around the Doctor and her head resting on his back was like walking on clouds. Put those two together and Jess was feeling absolutely marvelous.

Every once in a while, the Doctor interrupted her peaceful silence and asked where to turn or when to stop. She'd softly answer him, and then rest her head back on his shoulder. She'd close her eyes for a second, listening to the wind whistling in her ears and the passing cars zooming by.

Driving across town only took a few minutes, but Jess felt like they were zigzagging through the streets for an eternity before the Doctor pulled up to the Harper estate, huge and white and immaculate.

There were no cars parked in the driveway – except for Elaine's, who'd gotten her license a month prior – so Jess reached her hand in the Doctor's pocket and pulled out her phone (which she'd put in there at a stop sign, remembering that she had no pockets herself), double-checking to see that the time did indeed read 6:37.

That's weird, she thought. Mostly everyone that Elaine knew could drive – and had their own cars – so why would it be empty?

She shrugged, taking off her helmet and shuffling her way over to the freshly-painted double doors.

"So," the Doctor muttered, his eyes scanning the vast property. "This is – whose party again?"

"Elaine," she responded, pushing the doorbell. "Elaine Harper."

Even through the thick wood, Jess could hear the click click click of stilettos skipping towards them. She wondered what she'd be wearing.

"Mike, I thought you said – oh! Jessica, honey, you're very - uh, red? But nevermind, why have I never seen you in a dress before?"

She said it like Jess was a model, or someone famous, but the novelty of the dress was starting to wear thin, so she just crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.

"You wear enough dresses for the both of us, thank you very much." Elaine chuckled and opened the door entirely to let them in.

"Is it cancelled? Or am I actually early?" Jess mumbled, sauntering into the kitchen and plucking a grape from a bowl. Elaine laughed.

"No, no, everyone's got their own thing to attend for the moment, so –" She was cut off by a loud chime.

"If that's Mike, I swear ..." she said, stomping in the stranger's direction.

"Who's Mike?" Jess's eyebrows rose skeptically, and Elaine lightly smacked her shoulder teasingly.

"Just some guy," she replied, answering it.

It was the pizza deliverer.

"Doesn't sound like 'just some guy'."

Elaine scoffed and gave the girl a twenty. "Shut up, Bennett. So, who's this guy?" The Doctor looked around the lounge like he wasn't listening.

"That doesn't matter – did you get two pizzas just for yourself?"

The Doctor smirked, and raised his arm. "I'm –"

"Uh," Jess interjected, thrusting her hand onto the Doctor's mouth. "Can I talk to you about that?" she said to Elaine, letting her arm drop to her side.