Chapter Five: Don't Ever Change

**Dedicated to @nghtlck for her gorgeous banner (on the side)**

-----

Doo-wee-ooo doo-wee-ooo.

Jess's eyes popped open to the sound of her phone blaring the Doctor Who theme song, which was her cue to wake up.

"Oi! Turn that down," a familiar voice rang from down below.

Jess sighed in reassurance. It wasn't a dream, she thought excitedly. He's real. He's here.

She pulled the covers off her legs and ran downstairs - hair disheveled and breath still morning-like - to be met with the Doctor himself.

"Geez, you look terrible," he muttered. Jess rolled her eyes.

"So," she said playfully, "don't like your own theme song?"

He looked baffled. "Theme song? You mean, that was my theme song?" He plastered on a grin. 

"Sure was." She smiled, too.

Jess looked around the lounge, inferring her mother had left early for work.

"You didn't sleep last night, did you?" she asked. Knowing him, she thought, he probably hasn't slept in the last decade.

"Nope," he said with a smirk. "I was too busy thinking."

"About what?"

"So, this show of mine. What's it called?" he asked, averting the question completely.

"Uh, Doctor Who," Jess said while stepping into the kitchen. The smell of pancakes and eggs felt like a slap in the face, along with waffles, bacon, and freshly-brewed tea.

"Did you say -"

"Doctor!" Jess, gasped, taking in everything he had done. "You made all this?" 

"Well, yeah," he beamed.

"I'm only one person. How am I supposed to eat all this -" she glanced at the clock, "in fifteen minutes?" He looked at her quizzically.

"What do you mean, fifteen minutes?" he said as she rushed upstairs, taking her hair out of its messy plait and brushing her teeth.

"I've got school!" she called back, holding up two different jumpers in front of the mirror. One was 'Keep Calm and Don't Regenerate', and the other was the Van Gogh painting of the exploding TARDIS.

"Which one, Doctor?" she asked, standing in the doorway, - a bit of toothpaste on the corner of her lips - holding them both up for him to see.

"Is it really possible to keep calm while doing anything that involves me, Jessica?"

She looked back at the 'Keep Calm' one and smiled. "Regeneration it is. Today's the twenty-third, yeah? Two more days till Christmas!"

A frown pulled at Jess's lips. Two more days till your time. She threw the crimson colored fabric over her head, hoping he didn't notice her worrying expression.

Pulling her flimsy fandom gummy bracelets up her wrist, she sped downstairs and took a bite of waffle, sipped her tea, and grabbed her deep blue backpack, slinging it over her shoulder hurriedly.

"Okay, Doctor, don't go running off. I'll be back at three." She kissed him quickly on the cheek, to which he blushed. "Call me if anything goes up in flames." She turned back around. "You know what, don't call me if anything goes up in flames." She walked through the doorway, but poked her head around the wood. "Oh, and uh, don't break my Dalek." She gave him a firm look and began her on-foot journey to school.