s i x t e e n

life was like
a moonless night

E D E N CLENCHED HER FISTS AS SHE SCANNED THE CAFETERIA; she was a shell of the person she used to be

E D E N CLENCHED HER FISTS AS SHE SCANNED THE CAFETERIA; she was a shell of the person she used to be. She finally understood how Bella most likely felt when Edward left her- no contact with the one she loved, but instead of waiting for her loved one to return, it was she who was hiding away... like a coward. The guilt and shame followed her everywhere she went, knowing she left her soulmate alone, suffering in physical and emotional pain without her presence somehow made her cold heart ache. But what is done is done, and now she had to suffer with the consequences. Eden felt as though she was the worst soulmate to exist, and she had constantly wondered if it was worth it. Worth leaving Forks to save her cousin who hated her for her freedom, when she could've stayed, stayed with the man who unconditionally loved her in a place where no Cullen's were allowed to cross. Jacob's letters in her drawer was a constant reminder of who she left behind.

Eden sighed and scanned the cafeteria once again, she didn't feel like sitting with the Cullen's and their pity stares. Somehow she had redeemed herself, from what she wasn't sure but they no longer despised her. No, instead they felt pure sorrow for the shell of a 'human being'. She wasn't sure what's worse, them hating her or feeling pity towards her.  However, she wasn't weak for anyone who isn't her soulmate, so Eden straightened her posture as she stood in front of the cafeteria doors and strutted with fake confidence to where Bella, Edward, Alice and their human friends sat. Being near Alice made Eden feel awkward, she had witnessed and comforted her during her breakdowns. She was thankful Alice wouldn't mention them the next day.

"Have you sent your announcements, yet?" Angela asked curiously to the others as Eden walked up to them and sat down at the table with a scowl on her face. Bella immediately straightened and gave a small, nervous smile towards Eden. It's been a while since the two talked. Eden brooding and attempting to distract herself from Jacob decided it was most likely good to not interact with the human as much as she could. Somehow the human reminded her of her wolf, and she knew Bella would try to give her advice that would be the opposite of what Eden wanted to currently hear. She needed a distraction.

The hope for a distraction diminished in seconds once Eden realised they were most likely talking about graduation and collage. She had never experienced what graduating felt like, nor collage, but she was definitely not excited about it. Maybe when she was far younger, right before she was caged and finding herself, maybe but Eden knew there were far better things out there then some stupid human event; such as creating memories with Jacob.

"No," Bella- distracted, answered Angela, her lips were pursed as she sneaked glances towards Eden. "There's no point, really. Renée knows when I'm graduating. Who else is there?" Eden stared blankly at her food as she remembered Renée was Bella's mum. She wondered how having a mum felt like, a mum who loved you. However, Bella's mum was most likely not the best as she had left her to travel around with her boyfriend.