t h r e e

Edited
[chapter three]

    Everyone thinks that  we're perfect

we're perfect

B E L L A GRABBED EDEN'S ARM WITH A HESITANT SMILE. It's been a few days since they've met and already Bella has noticed that Eden was a bit... blunt and mean at times. It seemed to her that Eden doesn't go out as much, and how she doesn't understand basic human manners- her feelings are still hurt from the time she laughed at Bella when she tripped, there's also the multiple times Eden has growled at people when they've upset her. Bella was afraid to introduce her to her friends, so for the past few days they've been hanging out with each other in library which they soon got tired of and so Bella has finally decided to introduce Eden to her friends.

"Some of my friends are a bit nosy, just a warning." Bella mumbled awkwardly to Eden as she led her to her friends who were sitting in the cafeteria. The people sitting were all laughing, making Eden anxious. She hates meeting new people. Once Bella and Eden had arrived to the table they all became quiet and stared at Eden who shifted awkwardly. It may have been a few days but Eden has already gained a reputation for herself. Everyone by now at the school knew of Eden; the cold-hearted bitch who was only nice to her 'step-brother's' girlfriend. Bella sat down next to Mike, who quickly brought a chair from another table for Eden.

"Hi, I'm Eden." Eden introduced herself with a short smile and to her surprise the group was actually nice her. Most people at this school were often afraid of her, these ones seemed nice. They all greeted back making Eden feel less awkward, and then began to continue with their conversation before she and Bella interrupted them. They reminded her of her teenage years- albeit they were short-lived, one where she didn't have much friends like Bella. Similar to vampires, werecoyotes can live for many years and look the same at the age they shifted. Eden shifted at the age of 17 in 1918, around the same time as Edward, who was her only friend. The day she shifted is a terrible memory for Eden, one she doesn't want to think about, so she decided to pay attention to the people around her.

Eden quickly noticed that Jessica pretty, but from the tiny glares aimed at Bella whenever she talked to Mike, Eden decided that Jessica maybe isn't as nice as the others.

"So Eden, what brings you to Forks?" Angela questioned her with a sweet smile on her face before swiftly pushing her glasses further into her face. Eden's golden eyes widened in surprise as the sudden question. She realised everyone was suddenly looking at her, they must've wanted Eden to be comfortable before asking her questions.

"Uh, you know, the usual." Eden replied before realising that wasn't the right thing to say. Angela's face shifted into confusion whilst Jessica raised one eyebrow up.

"The usual being my parents thinking its a good idea to move to different states and dropping me off at my uncles house," Eden quickly said before laughing awkwardly at everyone's confused face. She began to swear at Edward in her mind, she's not sure how they forgot the excuse for her moving to Forks in the middle of the year. Bella must've noticed her panic because she swiftly changed the subject into something she knew the group would be interested in.