t w e n t y t w o

they mistook my kindness

for weakness

E D E N  LAYED HER HEAD AGAINST THE WALL, for once it was sunny in Forks and she relished in it. A sigh left her lips as she felt a hand gently squeeze her shoulder, a way to comfort her. It was one of those days, one of those days where she wished to disappear with Jacob and hide from everyone. One, where no one exists but them. Unfortunately, those days don't exist when Bella Swan is in your life, and you are a supernatural being. She couldn't help but be upset. She wasn't sure what her life has become, what she has become. 

She used to be heartless, powerful. So chaotic and a maniac that her own blood had no choice but to lock her up, and now? She's settled down with her own true love, protecting someone she sees as her own sister. She can't help but hate what she's become. Eden Cullen was a soulless monster who would murder anyone who even dared to go against her, but how could she be who she was when he, Jacob Black is the definition of a golden retriever. She knew she was being stupid in her own thoughts, she should be happy, grateful even. She has everything she could possibly want, but she feels like a liar in her own skin. 

Edward walked up to her and Jacob, they were in Bella's hallway. She was annoyed and frustrated, annoyed that the Cullen's were using Jacob whenever they needed help and then would push him away if he even suggested something that would better Bella. Frustrated that she couldn't bang the one person she used idolise head against the wall repeatedly until he apologised, apologised for every single fucking thing he had ever put her, and the ones she loved through. 

"Whoever it was, he left his stink behind. It'll be hard to miss when we cross it again," Jacob said, it seems he was feeling the same as Eden, as frustration was clearly laced in his tone. He looked at Eden, brows furrowed and lips pursed. He was worried, "We'll handle it from here". 

"We don't need you to handle anything. Or anyone." Edward replied, rolling his eyes as he crossed his arms. He looked at Eden towards the end of his sentence, and that made her clench her fists. She was starting to become happy and once again, they were pulled into whatever mess the Cullens had found themselves into. 

"You called us here, you wanted our help," Eden replied, walking up to him and shoving his chest with every word, before she was pulled back and into Jacob's chest. He wrapped his thick arms around her, squeezing her before letting go. Eden could feel her anger slowly bubbling, the shoves weren't enough. Nothing was enough. She was sick of this, today was supposed to be the one day they had a break, and they couldn't even have that. 

"Alright, we're done here" Jacob said, before pulling Eden away with him. He laced their fingers together, and Eden held her breath. She couldn't tell if she wanted to memorise his scent forever, or the way his hand perfectly wrapped around hers. He was made for her, and she was made for him.