23. I'm Not Sherlock Fucking Holmes!

"And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them, too - even when you're in the dark. Even when you're falling."

- Mitch Albom

************************************************

The rest of the day was slow and painful, I had to sit through class after class with rage heating up inside me. Every little thing was annoying my entire being, I felt like at any given moment I was going to snap. Especially in Mr. Hipp's class, if one more person said one more comment regarding the French Revolution I'd probably beat my head against the desk until I went unconscious.

It didn't help that Rylan was in the class either, I wanted nothing more than to march over to him and confront him but I wasn't one for causing scenes, primarily because Mr. Hipp cared way too passionately for history so I'd be sent to the office before I even reached Rylan.

I was just so angry. I was angry that he lied to me, he even tried to convince me it was just some random name Axel had said drunkenly. The thought made me even angrier and then there's the fact that no one would tell me what was exactly going on here, which probably frustrated me the most.

My life was turning into some type of Scooby-Doo episode, I was going around searching for clues and answers like I was Sherlock Holmes, well guess what?

I'm not Sherlock fucking Holmes!

I'm tired of pressing and begging people for answers that they're not going to tell me anyway. I don't understand why various gangs would want me. It's not like I meant that much to Rylan, or Axel for that matter, if I did they would tell me what was going on.

When the bell rang I stayed glued to my seat and glared at Rylan. I was almost certain my tongue was bleeding from biting down so hard on it, trying to stop myself from coming unglued.

Rylan gave me a confused look, probably wondering why I wasn't moving.

"You coming Buttercup?" He asked, nodding his head towards the door.

I wanted to say 'screw you' but it came out as 'yeah' instead. I grabbed my bag, that I now felt like setting on fire because Rylan gave it to me, and followed him outside to his car.

Looking at the car that he drove just confirmed the whole "Rylan being the Ex-leader of Black Spades" thing like Clayton had said. How else would you explain how a seventeen-year-old would be sporting a car like this without a job?

The drive back to Rose's house was long and the atmosphere was uneasy and heavy. I had so many things I wanted to say, it was almost overwhelming. I spent all day waiting for this moment, rehearsing what I was going to say to the both of them, but somehow the words got lost in travel from my brain to my tongue.

"You lied." I cut through the tension, looking out the window.

"What are you talking about?" He asked, his voice sounded a little more high-pitched than usual.

"About Faye, you lied," I said looking over at him.

"You lied to me," I spoke, staring at him accusingly.

Rylan's grip on the stirring wheel tighten, so tight his knuckles were turning white from the stress. I waited for him to say something so I could retaliate but he never did.

"You know, I expected it from Axel. That's just who he is, but you? I thought we were friends." I decided to say.

"We are friends, Mia." He said almost immediately.