(WoW) Anduin- Do You Trust Me?

Requested by: AmethystDeciever
——————

The weary adventure walks into the grand halls of Stormwind Castle after a long journey in this cold weather, though it's only upon entering she realizes how cold it was outside as her body desperately began to take in the warmth of the interiors as her heart began to beat slightly faster now, the sweet smell of chocolate filled the air making her slightly hungry but immensely grateful that she was somewhere she can call home for the day.
The (e/c) eyes mostly covered by her (h/c) hair but they still seem to visibly glimmer at the view of the ancient walls decorated by the murals, arts and flags of the alliance which sang the songs of glorious victories won by the former kings and champions of the human race. It was somehow heroic and yet it felt so cozy like home in this castle.
Though the female adventurer didn't really came here to admire the views of old tales of kings, she came here to help a friend in need. (Y/n) looked around for a bit until she found the old staircase that lead to the upper quarters and possibly the destination she wanted to be at this moment.
As she began to climb the stairs, she heard voices coming from upstairs, someone must be arguing behind closed doors judging by the mostly mumbled and inaudible words. The female hopes it wasn't what she was fearing, as she pushed the heavy wooden door open, only to be startled by an angered Genn walking out from the prince's room and through the hallways.
The steward only glanced at her before sighing and walking downstairs.
Another fight between Anduin and Genn, the tension only seem to be getting worse since the death of King Varian. And that wasn't good for anyone, a confused prince who is already depressed at his father's loss, who is already tensed and doubting himself if he could be a good leader, who only had to face arguments and learn from scolds could have some problems in becoming a good king.
(Y/n) looked towards the chambers of the prince Anduin and rushed to comfort him, her heart already aching at the thought of his innocent face shadowed by sadness, his golden strands of hair covering his once jolly face. And knowing him after the events of Broken Isles, he really didn't have much to be happy about since then, one could say that Anduin has been in a sort of depression since then.

The female pushed the door as quietly as she could and peeked in, she was surprised to see that the prince who chose only robes to wear and healing spells to cast was now adorned in shining plate of Stormwind, his father's sword proudly resting on a dais not too far away from him. While Anduin held something in his hands, his back turned to the door, she was unable to see his face.
"Come in (y/n)... the creak is really becoming annoying to hear" Anduin said after a few moments, without a single hint of humor in his voice which made it all the more humorous, she wondered what gave her presence away but soon realized that when she was admiring the prince in shining armor, she unconsciously rested her back on the door, causing it to slowly open and the sound was indeed an annoying creak.
(Y/n) blushed and clumsily walked towards him and stood beside him, looking at the object he held. The object was a lion like helmet, grasped by his gauntleted hands as if he held a great responsibility.
"I... just... cannot..." he muttered, his blue eyes closing with doubt and disappointment. The female realizes how he felt, she knew that he had a tendency to doubt himself about such things, a little excessively but given the war that is the next day, anyone in his shoes would feel the same way.
"I fear that I will fail all of you, that I will fail the alliance to the orcs, trolls...the forsaken..." Anduin's voice grew a little aggravated on the word "forsaken" as he frowned "perhaps they were right... I am a good for nothing boy king" he sighed and let his arms ease causing the helmet to hang dangerously loose from his grasp.
(Y/n) couldn't believe what he was saying, what happened to the prince who prepared for this war day and night? What happened to the anger that welled up in his heart for the death of his father? The prince can't just give up like this
"My lord... you cannot give up now!" (Y/n) encouraged that made the prince to look at her, his gaze still the same, depressed and doubtful
"The forsaken... the banshee queen has murdered your father! You just can't say that!" she said, covering her own doubts in an attempt to convince him.
The female took the lion like helmet from him, Anduin simply stood, hopeless about all of this.
"Why did the Shalamayne glow as you picked it up?" she questioned, the prince only tilted his head in response "because king Varian wanted you to lead the Alliance to victory, he wanted you to be the king of Stormwind! he wanted you to avenge his death" she smiled encouragingly and held his hand.
Anduin looked at the sword on the dais before turning his gaze back to (y/n)
"But what if I'm not capable of doing so? What if I do everything opposite of what was intended?... Perhaps I'll lead everyone to doom" he said with great guilt.
The female smiled and lifted the helmet, glancing at it for a few moments before looking back at the prince
"Oh but I was not done explaining yet my prince" she chuckled, Anduin looked confused but curiously stared at her for an answer
"What do you mean (y/n)?" he asked
"Why would he ever put such a great and honorable responsibility in you if he wasn't so sure? If he never trusted you? The king trusted you prince Anduin, and he knew that you'd bring great victory to the Alliance" she replied and put the helmet on his head.
Proudly watching him as the shining helmet covered his sunlike hair, his sea like gaze, making him appear like a proud knight from a kind priest in just a moment.
"But... Do you trust me (y/n)?" Anduin asked, his voice appearing renewed with hope and happiness, (y/n) responded with a smile and a warm embrace "I do... and forever I will" with that the prince chuckled and returned the embrace......