(Skyrim) Cael- Auburn Stars

Requested by: eclipsequeen

The female dragonborn, as we know her as the hero of Skyrim, the Bane Of Alduin, the Dovahkiin but simply we call her (y/n) was on her many travels from cities to cities, looking for anything amiss or awry just so that she can help or make someone smile. Such was her heart, unable to tolerate corruption, unable to stay put when peace is broken and as pure as Kyne's breath.

On one such travels, she headed to Markarth. Swiftly did her horse galloped through mountains, creeks and streams, her (h/c) hair motioned with the horse and she forged on under the almost setting sun.

She even pass from a forsworn camp, and she even captured the glance of a young forsworn leader. He knew this young woman for awhile, but was surprised to see her traveling through the Reach.

"Is this her?" Cael frowned a little as he looked at the woman properly, yes this was her, he wasn't imagining things.

Those (h/c) locks of hair, that enchanting pair of (e/c) eyes. "Where is she headed?" A question repeatedly circled around his mind as his blue eyes refused to look away from her.

Cael knew her, he loved her but didn't knew if she felt the same way for him. Cael could never forget the way she smiled at him even though she was injured by a heavy sabre cat, and the way she told him that she was fine, even though she wasn't.

Her tired eyes stared at the campfire he made, the embers flying about in the wind as he wrapped his arms around her, so peacefully they sat by the fire, so lost in each other's eyes.

But as cruel is the time's cycle, she had to leave him and with her injured arm, she insisted on leaving before dawn. Though he did suspect it was for her companion, Bishop, as he called himself but (y/n) proved his thoughts wrong when she pressed her lips against his and shared a fleeting kiss before departing like an autumn breeze.

Cael took out his bow, pulled its string with an arrow "this is so cruel but to be with my sparrow, I'm ready to do anything for her" he mumbled before shooting the arrow. With a quiet and almost inaudible sound, the arrow flew straight towards the horse (y/n) was riding, piercing its knee. The mare neighed in agony, completely loosing its balance and slamming against the ground, and by the looks of it, the steed and (y/n) were almost near a cliff.

Cael understood the situation was far more grave than he thought it would be. Cursing himself, he swiftly ran through the shadows before jumping towards the horse and gripping its reins. Preventing the devastating accident that he was about to cause

"it's an arrow..." (y/n) trying to understand the sudden occurrence, pointed at the mare's knee.

Cael stood silent, and (y/n) stared at him for a while before speaking "Cael, so many thanks for saving us. If my mare died then I don't know what I will do..." her voice filled with grief, she petted the horse's head and looked back at Cael.

"Until I breath I wouldn't allow a single part of you to be scratched" he poetically replied, hiding the fact that he shot the arrow but why does it matter when they're together now?. Kneeling beside her and running his fingers through her hair, earning a few shy giggles from her.

"Well sparrow, its good to see you again..." he smiled at her, he was truly happy to meet her again.

"You too, Cael" (y/n) looked at him, just to find he was already gazing upon her made her blush. (Y/n) leaned towards him, making him a little surprised, gently placed her warm lips on his. Her small arms wrapping around his neck pulled him into an affectionate embrace that he longed for since she departed from him. Cael thanked the Old Gods for this union, as he embraced her back and deepening their kiss. As it appears both had equally missed and longed each other.

After the romantic union, it appeared (y/n)'s horse was unable to move at all.

"how do I get to Markarth now? She's injured and I won't even find a healer until I get to the city" she despaired

"If you remember, lovely sparrow, about Yakul?" Cael placed a hand on her shoulder

"yes I do, a very beautiful elk" she replied smiling

"not just that, but Yakul is a very strong mount. I could take you to Markarth on Yakul" Cael replied, his eyes glowed with happiness

(y/n)'s face slightly paled, as she never had ridden the elk. "Are you sure about this Cael? I've never ridden an elk before" she nervously replied

"I will teach you and Yakul is very docile, he won't hurt you" he encouragingly smiled at her.

It took her quiet a few times and almost three times she fell off of the elk

"I can't! I'm probably hurting him!" (Y/n) replied with utter frustration as she held onto Yakul's horns and Cael held her by her waist from behind her.

"it's okay, just hold the reins!" Cael said quickly before saving her from falling again

"I'd fall!" She almost screamed.

Cael sighed before pulling her against his chest and enclosing his arms around her and holding the reins. Looking at her, she was still shaking a little, he smiled before gently kissing her under her ear "Everything's okay now" he whispered.....

(Author's note)

I'm sorry for the late updates and especially to the one who requested it, I've been very busy with school and very emotionally stressed. I'm barely getting any motivation for writing these days (I'm not asking for help, I'm just explaining why the new chapter took this long to appear) and I probably am developing depression. I don't know, but I will try to update as soon as I can and I do hope that you've enjoyed this chapter. Requests are still open, so send them to me and I will write them.