Leera’s POV

Releasing a silent breath, I was thankful that he didn’t question where I had learnt how to read peoples’ emotions like that. I knew he knew I lied; it was obvious, also because he was a horrible actor.

I thought he would be a stuck up asshole, who only cared for himself, but I was proven wrong.

That didn’t mean I still wasn’t going to try and live my life

I knew I couldn’t run away, his pack needed me as their alpha female, only the mate of the alpha can be the alpha female. It was absurd to think that anyone else would do it. That’s why they thought of the blood colouring thingy’ so alpha’s could find their mates earlier to help their packs.

My car sickness was starting to get worse, as I gritted my teeth, desperate for Blake not to find out, and think I’m week. My vision started to spin, and I lent my head against the cool window to stop myself from falling head-first into the back of the driver’s seat. Taking in deep breaths, I counted till 3, and then exhaled, hoping to find some relief.

However, that did not work, as I clenched my eyes shut, squeezing them as tight as I could, hoping the pain would take my mind off the headache.

Another bolt of pain brought me back to reality, as I felt myself let out an involuntary gasp. It was getting really bad now, as my whole body started to burn, and my headache increased by ten-fold. Obviously my gasp had caught my mat- Blake, I mean Blake’s attention, as his eyes widened in confusion, and his iris’s kept flicking back and forth between his normal grey and midnight bluish-black.

It was a sign that he was battling with his wolf

Throwing my head back, I pretended I was trying to find a comfortable place to sleep without looking like I was I pain. I was never carsick, in all my life the only car if thrown up in was my social workers because he fed me too much for lunch; insisting that I ate it all. Look how that ended.

My breathing pattern had picked up, and I was panting lightly, I wanted to curl up into a ball, but my limbs wouldn’t move- it was as if I was frozen solid.

Turning over the slightest, I saw Blake blink his eyes in confusion; he was looking around and then closed his eyes in concentration. Unexpectedly he jerked forward; he whipped his head around, and stared at me accusingly. Waiting for a second, it looked like he was asking for advice, then he nodded his head to himself.

Without consent, he unbuckled his seatbelt, reached over and grabbed me, swiftly pulling on to his lap.

“What are you-“

“Shut up. Why didn’t you tell me that you started to feel the effects of not being claimed by me? Have you never heard? If an alpha doesn’t claim his ate straight after meeting them, the mate starts to feel like they’re getting stabbed and burned at the same time, not only that! But since I’m one of the most powerful alphas’, the effects are even worse!” he cried, I stayed quiet, the after-effects of the ‘haven’t-been-claimed-thingy’ really wore me out.

His eyes softened as soon as he saw my sleepy eyes, I really wanted to push him off, but I didn’t have the strength. Sighing deeply, he laid back, not letting me get out of his arms, as I squirmed around.

“Stop moving” he growled, his eyes had turned a shade darker, and he held me tighter. Giving up, I decided I would deal with him later, I turned my head, buried it in his neck.

I would probably regret this later

Waking up, I stretched my arms over my head, and let out a big yawn. Rolling over to the side, I realised I wasn’t the only one on this bed.