32 | white

__________________________

ALL THE WAY HOME,
I'LL BE WARM.
__________________________

She looked up at him, her lower lip wobbling.

"You are coming back, right?" His voice was hollow. 

"Parker, I'm so sorry - " she began, but she was immediately drowned out by her own tears that were streaming down her face at an alarming rate. "But like you said, I have to do what's right for me - "

His chest hurt, and it was almost like he couldn't breathe again. "Delilah, please, you c - can't - "

"No Parker. You taught me that I've got to st-stand up for myself and, and," she wiped the fresh tears with the back of her hand. "And I have to do this for my own - "

"Delilah, no - " His universe was crumbling down and the pieces were falling right on top of him: huge pieces crushing down on him, until he couldn't feel the oxygen enter his lungs. "You can't leave me, Delilah. I'll fucking die, Delilah - "

" - my life, and I have to live it to the most. And in this place, I can't do anything. I - "

"Delilah, please," Parker could feel the tears welling up in his own eyes, as he looked at her. "I'll do anything, j - just please stay here, please - Delilah!"

She suddenly got up, and slung the bag on her back. Parker caught onto her and stood up as well.

"Please don't leave," he said, his voice sounding infinitesimally small.

She looked up at him, with her tear stained face, and her red nose. She stood up on her toes and pressed her lips to his.

Though Parker knew that he probably shouldn't have, he kissed her back urgently.

They tasted each other's tears, and Parker gripped her waist tightly.

This wasn't how it was supposed to be. They shouldn't be kissing with this sense of finality, or this sense of panic.

They should have been kissing each other languidly, and slowly, because they were going to be spending years together.

(this was wrong, this was wrong, this was so fucking wrong)

She pulled back away, but Parker still held onto her.

"Please Delilah," he begged. "Please stay here, you - "

"Let go of me, Parker."

Parker swore he could hear the sound of his heart breaking. His hands fell limp, and he stared at her as her lip still wobbled.

She wiped her face with her hand once more, before she produced a paper package. She thrusted it into his hands, and she walked past him.

Parker watched as the bus neared Vauxhall street. He couldn't believe this was happening. He couldn't believe that his once perfect world was crumbling away into nothingness.

"Delilah," he said, as a last resort. He jogged forward, and caught onto her hand. She was standing right near the door. "Delilah, please. I can't live without you! I - I need you, Delilah. I'll help you, I'll - "

The bus stopped.

"I'll always love you, Parker Addington." She leaned forward, and gave him one last parting kiss. A light one, on the tip of his nose.

With that she withdrew her hand from his, and stepped out.

Parker stared down at his empty hand, and he swore he could still feel her warm fingers on his palm.

He looked back up, but the doors were already closing.

"Open the door!" He shouted to Pickles. He could feel the tears streaming down his face. "Open the goddamn door, I need her!"

"And who's going to man the bus?" Pickles said, as the bus slowly started to trundle forward.

"Pickles please, she's - "

Suddenly her words from some time back rang in his mind.

'Sometimes, I like to imagine a new place where people don't know me.'

He watched as his now red-headed universe walked away from him. He watched right until the bus could turn. He watched until she was nothing but a tiny speck in the distance. He watched until she was -

" - gone," he whispered to himself.

His heart felt like it has been ripped into two. The pain overcame his entire body, until he could no longer stand. His legs gave way, and he sank down to the floor of the bus.

She's gone.

He could feels the numerous pairs of sad eyes on him, but he cried nonetheless.

The sobs wracked though his body, and he cried into his palms, until he could feel a stitch in his side.

He cried, as though his tears were going to bring her back.

Somewhere along the way, he could hear Mrs. Conley's voice.

"It's always the nicest people that go through the saddest things."

a/n

a/n

i'm sobbing guys, this chapter is one of the most saddest things i've ever written.

lots of love,

aspir.