05 | wreath

______________________

FELIZ NAVIDAD.❞
______________________

"Who did that to you?" Parker asked at once, his eyes set on the purple welt.

It was a stark contrast to the very aura of Delilah Fitch.

It was dark, and sharp and ugly.

Delilah Fitch however, was like a snowflake.

Fair, and soft and beautiful. But most importantly, fragile.

"Who did that to you?" Parker Addington asked again, although he was sure who it would have been.

The rumors used to float around in school. That Delilah Fitch was raised by a mother who had a permanent hand clutched onto a bottle of Merlot. Who's other hand would constantly inflict injuries upon her.

(no one can ever hit Delilah Fitch; not even with a flower)

She shook her head silently, and looked out the window.

Parker frustratedly chewed his lip. "You can tell me, I'm only trying to help."

"I'm beyond help," she replied to the blurred shop fronts that they were passing.

"You're never beyond help." He braced his arm around ghe back of her seat. "You do know that I'm in your class right? You can tell me what it is, trust me. I'm no random stranger."

Parker Addington did not know if the moonlight was playing tricks on his eyes, because there appeared to be an infinitesimally small hint of a smile on her face, that disappeared just as quick as it appeared.

"I know you, Parker."

a/n

i'm so sorry if you think this story is very slow, but trust me, it will pick up it's pace in the coming chapters for sure!

hope you're all having a. very lovely festive season!

love,

aspir.