12 | ribbon

_________________________

❝AWAY IN A MANGER❞
_________________________

The moment Delilah's fingers touched his, everything around them became a blur.

The only thing in his mind was Delilah Fitch.

He could feel himself falling, and as much as he tried he couldn't stop.

Maybe falling was a good idea, because there was always a probability that the landing would be soft.

Something in his mind told him that he was about to find out.

"Thank you," she whispered, after a while.

Parker properly intertwined his fingers within hers and squeezed tightly. Again, Parker Addington was rendered speechless, and he had to let his actions do the talking.

He gingerly removed his fingers from her grip after a while, as he had to give a person their ticket. He mentally praised his momentary bout of bravado, that propelled him to speak to her.

And as Newtons's gravitational law stated, he was pulled back to her. He noticed the soft red flush that tinged her cheeks and he smiled like an idiot at the floor.

(hell, even the dirty floor of the bus looked pretty)

"Delilah?"

She turned around, as though she had been waiting for him to call her.

"Why didn't you come yesterday?"

Parker felt like he was being nosy, and like he continually wanted to be privy to the every detail of her life, but he couldn't stop himself.

"You know Rosie, right? Rosie McArthur?" Delilah's eyes twinkled.

Parker nodded. "Only the most popular girl in our school. And your best friend."

Delilah laughed. "Yeah, well she was hosting a Christmas party yesterday. So, I spent the entire day over at her house."

Parker sighed, and Delilah could not help but notice at how adorable he looked. "I love Christmas," he said.

"Oh." The smile waned, and she instead resorted to chewing her lips.

"What's wrong? Don't you like Christmas?"

"I used to." She bowed her head down, to look at her jeans.

"Oh," Parker said softly. "It's okay, let's not talk about it."

Delilah smiled in relief. "Another day, I promise."

And Parker knew that they were going to be spending a lot of time together, henceforth.

a/n

1K reads, guys, I am so fucking flattered. thank you, thank you, thank you!

1K reads is always a milestone to reach. it's very satisfying to see these three digits finally change into the K symbol.

so as a thank you,' I've got something exciting planned for you!

comment here, what you think would be a lovely ship name for Parker Addington and Delilah Fitch. if the name you suggest is the best, you will be awarded with a belated christmas gift from me. it's a pretty swell gift, so go ahead and comment. ;)

love and regards,

aspir.

ps: Rosie McArthur has her own story, and it can be found on my profile under the title 'Rosie.' LOL.