"Yeah right. You may be Miss Perfect, but you're still a girl. There's no way anything's going to get done this year. Lord knows Miligan won't step in to help you out."

I groan and throw my head back walking into my first period class. "I should've just joined the cross country team. Runners never have any drama between them."

"True" she agrees and sits down next to me. I survey the room, scanning to see who I know, who I don't know, who I know should or shouldn't be in the class. But when my eyes land on one person in particular I want to slide down to the floor and not be seen.

"Oh my God, Marcus is in here!" Lauren squeals quietly as she seats herself next to Georgia. "Amanda you have to give him a chance this year." I roll my eyes at the millionth time someone has commented on my dating Marcus Sloane.

"Why don't you guys see that I don't want to?" I ask. "I mean, if you think he's so hot then why don't you date him?"

She pouts her lips and crosses her arms over her chest. "I have a boyfriend, Amanda. Come on girl, it's your senior year. Live a little! I promise dating is fun."

"It's not that I don't think it would be fun, I just want to focus right now. I don't need disctrations."

"Amanda, you already have the perfect resume for anywhere you'd want to go, do, be... you need to stop worrying, girlfriend." I see her eyes shift back to Marcus, who is now talking to Tommy Gardner. "Just think about it, alright? Lord knows the poor boy has pined for you for years now."

I turn my attention to my phone and try and hide the flush that comes over my face. It's insane how this topic still makes me embarrassed. But it does, especially when everyone around you never shuts up about it.

I won't say he's not attractive, because I would be lying. He's extremely good-looking, easily one of the most attractive guys I've ever seen, and on top of that he's a real nice guy, but he's just, well Marcus. He's part of the group I associate myself with, but for most of the time I only talk to him when we're in a group together.

"Hey Amanda!" I turn my head and see Tommy waving frantically across the room at me. I chuckle a little at his excitement, and I wave back with a smile. He's such a cutie.

"Hi Tommy" I answer and he walks over to me from across the room.

I stand up next to him to do our habitual measuring. I frown at the sight of his chest. "Jeez kid the next time I see you you'll be touching the ceiling."

He playfully pouts and crosses his arms, "I'm not a kid. I'm only a few months younger than you."

"And those nine months give me so much more satisfaction than you will ever know." I give him a cheeky grin before we both sit back down, and I catch him sticking his tongue out at me. I roll my eyes and go back to my phone. Maturity at it's finest.

I am now pulled away from my phone when I hear the teacher begin to speak. I look up from the screen to see a lady I've never seen before. She's obviously new, as she's looking around the room like a deer in the headlights.

"Welcome back everyone! So as you can probably guess I'm new here, my name is Miss French and I'm going to be your AP Lang teacher this year." She smiles around the room, hoping for some enthusiasm, but if she wanted that then she should have signed up to teach the freshmen.

"Alright then, let's just start by finding someone who had read the same book as you over the summer. Everyone should have someone, there were only four books on the list."

I look over to my friends, expectant. I focused on Georgia first. "Sorry girl, I reread one of the books. It was the easiest choice and I could skim through half the book."

I sigh and look at Lauren who looked totally confused. "You didn't read a single thing, did you?"

She looks at me with wide eyes. "I had no idea we had a summer assignment."

I shake my head in disapprovement. "When do we not?" I don't even wait for her to answer and get out of my seat in search of someone who I could actually talk to.

I stop in my tracks when I notice Robbie Arbieter holding Ethan Frome. I feel a bit awkward going up to him, but I approach he and his friend, anyway.

"Can I join you guys?" I ask them and I notice their faces flush when they look up at me.

"Yeah, of course." I sit down beside him, and for the next twenty mintues try and coax words out of these boys. They said about two sentences each in this time, and when I sat back down I couldn't help but be annoyed.

"So now that's over, I'm going to hand everyone a syllabus. Read this if you wish, it will outline every assignment we have during the course of this year and when it will be assigned and turned into me."

When she reaches me I slide the paper close and scan over the sheet. Nothing I wouldn't have expected, but I still groan at the impending workload over this year over my classes. If every class I take has this much do to, I don't know how I'm going to fit anything else into my life.

When we're given free rein for the rest of the time, I'm aout to lean over to tell Georgia and Lauren something when I see him coming over with Jamison.

"He's coming, what do I do?" I ask desperately.

"Flirt with him, have a bit of fun" Lauren says, but I focus my stare at Georgia.

"Just talk like you usually do."

"Talking about us, ladies?" he asks arrogantly. I suppress the urge to roll my eyes, and barely succeed in doing so.

"Yep" I answer shortly, giving him my best Pan-American smile. He smiles back, although genuinely. It almost makes me feel bad.

"We'll all be there!" Lauren squeals, pulling me from the trance I didn't know I was in.

"Where will we be?" I ask.

"Lexi's on Friday" she says.

"I can't go, sorry" I tell her, but what I really want to say is 'no fucking way'. "You know how well I get along with her."

"You wouldn't have to speak to her".

"She's hosting the party. Of course I would have to speak with her".

"Come on Amanda, have some fun for once" Jamison comments, and I raise my eyebrow, daring him to say something else.

"I do have fun" I retort, though everyone, even Georgia snort at that. I roll my eyes at them. "I do".

"Hanging around crusty old people and working your ass off until midnight is considered fun? I don't think so, hun" Lauren argues, twirling her hair.

"I didn't say working my ass off until midnight is fun, I just said that I have fun when I want to. I don't need to go to everything to be fun. Going to every party in high school is just called unecessary".

"Says only every grandma, parent and Amanda Blake in New England".

"I don't need this you guys" I say, totally over childish behavior.

"Just leave her, she doesn't want to go" Marcus steps in. I give him a grateful smile, only this one is genuine.

I'm saved by the bell and I walk out of the classroom, not even waiting up for any of them.

This book will be about the daughter of Amanda, Tristan and Elizabeth's first child. This will be the first book, as I will be doing Holden and Emma's stories as well. I hope you liked this chapter, if you did don't forget to vote and comment!

-Liz

P.S. If you don't know what a "Pan-American" smile is, just look it up. ;)