➳ 44

~ mid December ~

"GUYS! It's almost Christmas!" Eve shouted

"Yes Eve. You've told every day this week." Naomi said.

"It's just so exciting!" Eve said, "I love Christmas."

"I have to agree with Eve on that. Christmas is the best time of the year." Dylan said.

"Yes! I love putting up the decorations, and eating Christmas cookies. Oh! And drinking hot chocolate. And the music!" Eve said.

"You just love everything about the holiday season." Parker said.

"Yes!"

"And hey. It will be our first Christmas together." Dylan said to Anastasia.

"Hm? Oh yeah, totally. Yes."

"Were you listening to anything we just said?" Eve questioned.

"Yeah. I was just thinking." Anastasia said.

"What were we talking about?" Eve asked.

"Christmas cookies."

"Uh, no. Not exactly." Naomi said.

"I uh, excuse me. I have to make a quick phone call." Anastasia said, leaving Eve's house.

Dylan sat there, confused as to what had happened. He gave everyone in the room a questioning look, which they returned with a sad expression.

"She gets like that every year." Crystal said.

"Why?"

"Christmas is an upsetting time for her. You know, with everything that happened with her parents." Naomi said.

"What happened with her parents?" Dylan asked.

"She hasn't told you?"

"No. What happened?"

"Her parents got into a car accident. Her mother died, and her dad is in a coma. He been in it for the past few years." Crystal said.

"Oh my god. She never told me that," Dylan sighed, "I'm gonna go find her."

Dylan lifted himself from the sofa to go outside. He quietly shut the door, and watched as Anastasia talked on the phone. He moved closer, listening to what she was saying.

"He hasn't changed? Oh. Alright. Uh, thank you Sophia. Yes, happy holidays to you too." She said, her voice breaking.

She sighed as she put away her phone, and ran her hands through her hair. She hadn't noticed Dylan standing behind her, his heart breaking at the sight of her this way. Anastasia broke down into a sob in front of her car. Dylan ran to her, quickly pulling her into an embrace. She jumped when she felt him first touch her, but she soon melted into the hug. He gently stroked her hair and swayed her as she cried into his chest.

"I miss him." She said.

"He will wake up one day. One day you will see his eyes open. You'll see him smile. You'll hear him talk and laugh. He will wake up."

"I want that one day to be today." She said.

"I know. It will be soon," he sighed, "How about we go to your house, and just spend the rest of the day watching movies or something. Just us. Just relaxing."

"Yeah," Anastasia nodded, "I'd like that."