➳ 27

"HAVE you seen him yet?" Eve asked

"No. I told you this thirty seconds ago." Anastasia said.

"I haven't seen him at all." Naomi said.

"He can't not show up to his own birthday party." Eve stated.

"There's a lot of people here. Maybe we haven't looked hard enough." Naomi sighed.

"Guys, why are you even looking for him? It won't make a difference." Anastasia said.

"As your friends, we are obligated to help you with your boy crush." Eve said.

"That means getting you with him. As in dating, being a couple, etcetera." Naomi continued.

"I regret telling you guys." Anastasia sighed.

"Hey! We're your best friends. We have to know!" Eve said.

"Besides! Who else would be your wing man?" Naomi questioned.

"We're girls."

"Whatever! You get the idea!" Naomi said.

"Yeah sure," Anastasia said, "Where's Parker?"

"Oh he's on his way. Should be here soon actually." Eve said as she checked her phone.

Anastasia sighed as she took another sip from her drink. Her hands fidgeted with the tips of her hair. She scanned the room, watching everyone dance and laugh. Her eyes landed on Shelley and Tyler near the table with food on it. She made her way towards them, squeezing through the tight spaces people provided. Upon arriving, Shelley almost choked on her drink.

"Anastasia! You look amazing!" Shelley told.

"Thank you! You look gorgeous," Anastasia said, "And Tyler, you look great too."

"Thanks I thought I was gonna be left out." He joked.

"Hey Ana, have you seen Dylan?" Shelley asked, "I haven't seen him at all."

"No, I haven't. It's weird. You'd think he'd be here for his own party." Anastasia said.

"Well look again, because he just entered." Tyler said, pointing behind Anastasia.

She turned to find Dylan entering through the doors. She watched as he looked around, smiling at people who greeted him. He wore his usual kakis, but wore a grey shirt with a black leather jacket. His hair was the way it usually was, and of course his smile was present.