[2] This Might Hurt?

Claire:

When Phineas said that it might hurt. . .he was not kidding.

Apparently trying to force your so called 'gift' to come and go whenever you please is not only time consuming, but quite painful if something disrupts your concentration.

I inhale and exhale, trying to get my pained breathing back to normal. Closing my eyes, I lean my head back. I've been, now for close to six hours, trying to get three 'triggers' as Phineas calls them set up. However not even with the fact that I learn things quickly have I gotten any closer to getting the second trigger set up.

All I've managed to do is set up the first, which is eye contact, but when I did that under an hour I asked Phineas why. And apparently that trigger was already present before I tried setting it up. Oh and don't even get me started on the fact that I've managed to get a grand total of six nose bleeds since starting.

I go back to trying to concentrate but all I can think of right now is if the boys are alright. Its been almost a week since I left and they haven't called or texted besides one time to tell me of the new Argents in town. I warned Scott that they maybe weren't just there for the funeral, but more likely as reinforcements.

My eyes shoot open as I feel a pain sear through my left hand. I gasp but quickly bite down on my lip, not wanting to make noise, and clutch the arm of the chair with my other hand. Holy spicy hot sauce that one hurt worse then the last trigger.

I wipe the beads of sweat with the back of my hand as the pain slowly starts to fade away. "That's enough for today." Phineas instructs, from his seat across from me.

I let out a breath of relief and try to shake the remaining feeling of pain away. The stitches underneath the gauze itch, but I do my best to ignore it and not let the memories resurface on how I got them there.

"What were you thinking of a moment ago." He asks making me look up at him.

"I was thinking of my family." I answer with a small sigh.

"Do seers have odd eye colors." I change the subject. The more I think of them the more I worry that they somehow got themselves into an even bigger mess. Which considering who Stiles and Scott are, I really can't put it past them.

"Yes sometimes." He responds, not really paying much attention as he picks up the few books that he has scattered around. "Yours are a good example of that sometimes."

I stand from the chair stretching before running a hand through my hair. "Alright, well thank you again." I say, slipping on my coat and grabbing my bag.

"Same time tomorrow." I ask as he leads me to the front door. Grabbing my umbrella I walk outside.

"Same time. And maybe you'll be able to finish up tomorrow too." I nod not turning around and open my umbrella. The sooner I get done here the sooner I can get back and make sure everything is okay. Well as okay as it can be.

▪▪▫▫

The rain hits heavily down on the window of the cab. Since I don't feel like getting electrocuted today I'm taking a cab to Phineas's house. I ride in silence for a few more minutes till we arrive at the address. "Thank you." I hand over the money and exit the car.

I press the doorbell as I hide under my umbrella to avoid getting drenched. Jeez it's like a flippin hurricane out here. The door opens and Phineas quickly ushers me in. "Good afternoon." He greets.

"Would be better if the storm would let up so we don't drown." I quietly complain as we walk into the living room. A chair is set-up in the middle like it was yesterday.