"Hello?" Niall sounded dead. Monotone. Boring. Dead.

"Niall? It's me!"

"Calista?"

"Yeah! How are you?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that question?"

"You can if you want." What else was I supposed to say?

"How are you?"

"I'm in the hospital, so yeah, I guess I'm not good? Why don't you come over here? Bring the guys. I miss you all."

"Um...we're.....busy." What a lie.

"Why are you lying to me?" I asked.

"I-I'm not lying."

"Of course you are. Can you please come, for me? Fickle little me?" I said in a goofy tone.

"Of course we can," he replied with obvious defeat. Why was he so desperate not to see me?

***

The guys and Niall arrived a little while later. I grinned as the entered the room, "Hey guys!"

"Well, don't you look beautiful!" Louis smiled.

Obviously I did. I hadn't worn any makeup for the past few days and I looked worse than ever.

"Thanks! I got an extreme makeover! I'm pretty now."

"You're always pretty!" Liam laughed. They were just piling on the comments, weren't they?

"Um, thank you!" I giggled. "So, what's been up?"

Harry cracked up, "Zayn's hair!"

Zayn said sarcastically, "I will mess you up."

They all died laughing. Literally. Died.

I gave them all confused looks. Was I missing something? "Um..."

Liam explained, "It's this video we watched on Youtube. It's called the Adventurous Adventures of One Direction! It's this little animated fan fiction thing and the whole 'Zayn's hair' thing is from it. You'll have to see it soon. It's hilarious."

"Yeah, as soon as I get out of this stupid hospital bed. I hate this. I feel like I'm being locked up in here. And you know what? This is the longest I've been without dancing. Or at least being able to dance..."

"Don't worry, you'll be up and dancing in no time!" Zayn ruffled my hair.

"Yeah, after being in a wheelchair and on crutches for who knows how long. I just wanna get out of this leg cast. I can never itch under it and I feel like my leg is becoming all icky under it."

"It is! One time I had this cast on my arm and when I got it off underneath it my arm was all green and slimy and gross-" Harry began to explain before Demi shot him a death glare.

We sat around and talked for a while. The guys making strange and perverted jokes, and us girls just laughing at being grossed out. That's how it always was. But then there was Niall. He wasn't even talking to me. He wasn't talking to anyone. Why did I even bother asking him to come if he was just going to ignore the world?

****

----DAYS LATER----

"I'm leaving! I'm leaving! I'm leaving!" I sang as Bailey pushed me down the hallway in my wheelchair.

Ugh. My wheelchair. I didn't like the fact that I needed a wheelchair. I didn't really need Bailey to push me, either, but she was having too much fun zooming me through the hallway (which received plenty of angry doctor glares, I assure you), I didn't bother trying to stop her. Liam trailed behind as quickly as he could, but he was laughing his head off.