Chapter 2

Hey guys! New chapter(: Okay, so this turned out to be another intro chapter, but please read on! It'll get better!! Thanks(:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

***ONE WEEK LATER*** 

"Is it so wrong that I want to take you out to lunch? We'll just skip the gym today!" Bailey tried to convince me.

"Yeah, but let's just go back to the apartment and change out of these clothes! I don't think going to any restaurant like this is really appropriate." I looked down and the sweatsuit I was wearing over my Soffee's and tank top.

"It's fine! I'm going to take you to this awesome Chinese food place I know of. Someone told me about it. It's far away, but you'll see. Once we're there, you'll know that it's worth it."

"What's it called?"

"Um..." she thinks for a minute. "Don't remember! I just know what the outside of the building looks like."

We caught a cab and she told the driver the address.

I took out my Blackberry and typed a message to my sister because I knew today was a big day for her.

To Marissa:

hey mars! good luck on the SAT's!!! kick some butt!(: xoxo cal

From Marissa:

shmanks! i'll call you when i get out! don't text or call me until then, i'm leaving my phone at home! lol<3

To Marissa:

for the bajillionth time, "lol" doesn't mean lots of love!!

From Marissa:

it does if i want it too!

To Marissa:

only one o on to. and you're taking the SAT's, hun?(;

I shut my phone and tossed it into my bag. We arrived at what seemed to be some sort of Performing Arts building. Is this where the restaurant was?

I inquired, "Where are we?" 

"Don't worry," Bailey assured me. "Just follow me."

I did as I was told, and I follow her into the building. I have a strange feeling that we aren't going to be eating any Lo Mein today.

That's when I saw the sign.

Background Dancer Audition - Main Stage.

You're kidding me. 

**

"Okay, may all of the people who wish to audition please come onto the stage?" A lady in the front row of the audience asked, but it was more of a command.

I muttered into Bailey's ear, "I can't believe you brought me here."

"I think the correct thing to say is 'thank you'. I told you we'd have a good chance! There's only, what, like 100 people here? I told you not that many people would be here, too! You've auditioned for parts where there have been hundreds of people auditioning, and you got those parts. If you could get those, why wouldn't you be able to get this?"

"Because this is for One freaking Direction, and these are probably the best dancers from around the country. Then there's me."

She just rolled her eyes at me, "Just shut up, and we're both going to dance our butts off, okay? We can get this."

I took a deep breath and followed Bailey onto the stage.

A choreographer came out and taught half of us a dance. We rehearsed it a bunch of times, went into the audience, and then the other half of the girls auditioning came onto the stage to learn the dance. 

The lady in the front, who I now knew was one of their tour managers, Maria Lowry, cut about twenty girls just based on the rehearsing. I'm relieved that I didn't get cut, but eventually, I know I will be cut. These dancers are amazing.

"Okay," Maria announced, "all of the dancers, please get back onto the stage."

Bailey and I did as we were told, and got back onto the stage. 

I started chewing on my fingernail, waiting to hear what she had to tell us all. 

"Here's what's going to happen. You guys are going to perform that same routine several times in a row. Just keep doing it over and over until we tell you to stop. We're going to go around and tap people on the shoulder, and if you get tapped, that means you must go home. Before we start, though, I'd like to introduce you to the boys."

The members of One Direction file in through the back doors. This. Isn't. Happening.

I could practically feel my trachea starting to slowly get smaller and smaller. The only thoughts going through my mind were: I'm going to die. I'm going to die. I can't do this! I've auditioned about a billion times before, but not for a internationally famous boy band! 

Bailey whispered into my ear, "We've got this."

I stopped my shaking once I heard the music start to play. I whole-heartedly let the moves that I learned earlier flow out of my body. I made sure every move I made counted.

Slowly, but surely, at least another fifty people were tapped on the shoulder and told to go home. Bailey and I weren't one of those people.

The music stops. 

Maria went, "You may all take a break before we continue to narrow down the dancers."

"But before we send any more of you home," Harry added, "all of us would just like to tell all of you guys how amazing you are at dancing. You're all really talented, and just because we send you home doesn't mean you aren't a great dancer."

That was probably directed towards me. Well, obviously, it was. I'm not going to make it. There's only five dancers that get to go on tour with the boys. It's basically impossible for me to be one of those five. What's going to happen if Bailey gets chosen and I don't? She's ten times better than me, and she's prettier. Who will I live with for however long the tour is? 

I started to shake again. I'm always a nervous wreck at auditions, except when I'm actually dancing. I guess that's a blessing to not be going nuts when I was dancing. I probably wouldn't get any parts if I was shaking the whole time I danced.

"Back on the stage, please!"

Here we go.

I lost myself. I lost myself in the dance I was doing. I lost myself while everyone but the five of us still on stage were tapped on the shoulder and told to leave.

The music stopped again.

"Calista Blake. We're going on tour with One Direction." Bailey muttered into my ear through gritted teeth. I could tell she was trying to hold back the shrieking.

I was in shock. I was almost positive I needed to go to the hospital to be revived. This couldn't be reality.

"Congratulations! You five are going on tour with us!" Louis exclaimed. 

Nope, it is reality. Yep, now I'm sure of it.

"He did not just say that." I grabbed Bailey's arm.

"He did!" She squealed into my ear. 

Well, I guess it's settled. I'm going on tour with One Direction.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay! Sorry if this was another boring chapter! It was still a intro chapter! Tell me what you thought!(: