Mean II // Blunt

"Did you get me animal crackers?"

It had been a week since Erich had patched things up with Kate. Following the previous events, when he had yelled at her, he swore to himself

...again

That he  would never do anything to hurt Kate,

Kate,

His babygirl...

Erich had been stressed at work lately, with all the media attention on Applysns' new products and dealing with, reporters on his tracks 24/7 he just wanted to relax. Of course Cindy didn't mind help Erich 'relax', If she wasn't his flight attendent then, she might as well be his personal slut. Later in the day, Cindy had offered to take Erich to small bar, and from all the stress, he gladly accepted, I guess when he accepted he didn't think of Kate. Later in the night when he got home, was when he remembered, but surely Kate would be fine on her own? right? she was quite machure for a 5 year old. She Knew to not open the door to strangers, surely she would be fine. Kate had her phone, so if she needed something she would call. After making sure the small child Knew what to after going over situations several times.

"And if someone knocks on the door?"

"Dont anwser it!"

"And if something bad happens"

"Call you"

"Thats my girl" he chuckled

"Alright, ill be back in an hour, 2 tops I love you pumpkin"

"I love you to Erich"

And with that he left, but what he didn't expect was for it to storm. He knew Kate was terrified of storms, and he was about to leave and Cindy said something.

"Shes 5, she needs to get of the fear sometime"

"I suppose your right"

But how would she get over it, if she had to face it alone. Erich had always been there for Kate, and deep deep down, he could feel the guilt start to pile up, so he did the only thing he could think to do. He drank his feelings away, and slowly but surely he started becoming a drunken mess. He told Kate he would only be 2 hours, but he went over that limit, it had been almost 5 since he left, and it was still storming and what he didn't know was that Kate was petrified, it was still thundering, and she was at home crying her eyes out, while he was  at the bar, drunk and fucking, his own employee. It was around 3 when Erich came home, and when Kate heard the door, open she ran to her favorite person in the world, and tryed to hug him, but in his drunken state, hes opinions were blurred and he pushed the small girl away.

"Erich, wear were you?"

"At the bar Kate, I told you that." His tone was  snappy and Kate didn't like it.

"Erich, why are you being so mean?"

"GOD DAMN IT KATE JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP, OK YOU NEED TO GET OVER THIS PATHETIC FEAR OF YOURS, SO JUST LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE"

This time Kate didn't run up to her room, and lock it she just burst into tears right then and there. Erich had broken a promise he made to not hurt Kate, he just didn't realize it yet. Erich had never really cursed at Kate which only made the situation worse. Something triggered Erich when Kate started bawling, he completley lost it and then he did something, no man should do to a little girl.

He hit her.

He had slapped her right across the face. When he looked in her eyes, he saw something much worse, and hatred or sorrow. What he saw ....

was fear...

As if to make matters, worse he still hadn't sobered. Kate ran to her room crying, and by that time Erich had left to go stay at Cindys.

What they didn't know, was that there was a robber in Kate room, and as soon as she went to her room, she regreted it. The man had slapped Kate, kicked, her several times.

Kate had called out to Erich several times, crying for help. But he wasnt there.

When he was done with the deed, he left her limp almost dead body on the ground.

If it hadnt been for the neighbors hearing Kates screems, she would have been dead. That morning when Erich, got home memories came flooding to his mind of him cursing and hitting Kate.

He hit Kate.

He hated him self.

"Kate where are you babygirl?"

He called her several times, but she never answered. He finally went up to her room, what he saw almost killed him.

He saw blood.

At that point he lossed it, he called the police, only to find out that Kate was down there. and whithin the next 10 minutes he was at the station. After filling out paperwork, a detective came to adresss the young man.

"Hello im detective, Mullingar, and I need to speak with you about a couple things regarding Kate."

"Is she ok? where is she? wheres my Kate?"

"Sir please calm down"

"CALM DOWN? CALM DOWN? I WENT HOME TO FIND MY SISTER WASNT THERE AND BLOOD ON THE FLOOR AND YOU WANT ME TO BE CALM"

"WELL SHE WOULDNT HAVE BEEN ALONE HAD YOU BEEN THERE."

This shut Erich up quickly. She was right, It was his fault

"Now I could report this but im not going to because I know what its like being a single parent, and in reagards to Kate, do you now what happened?"

"No"

"When we found, her she was beaten and bruised, barley alive, Kate is this way."

When he saw her, his heart truly shattered, he saw his baby girl, bruised and beaten, there was a black and purple bruise swelling under her eye, and and red hand print across her face, and multiple cuts and bruises going down her arms and legs. But what truely broke his heart, was when he got neared her she started crying.

"Erich." She sobbed

At that point, he hated himself. It was his fault, he choose to go out with Cindy, he choose to get drunk and he choose, and yell and hit his practically daughter.

"ssssshhhhhhhhh Kate im here its ok, im here now." he soothed.

When he saw his baby girl beaten and bruised, he vowed to never drink again and he would fire Cindy. It was also her fault for pushing Erich, her fault he wasn't there, because she pushed him. Deep down Erich knew Cindy wasn't to blame, but he couldn't bare the thought that he want there for Kate because he didn't want to be there.

From that point on, they only had hope for the future.

Hope may be the only thing stronger than fear.

Im sorry if this part was sucky, school starts monday my phone broke and im a mess, but anyway requests are always open.