Mean // Blunt

Erich Maxwell Blunt.

That's the name you would usually here around San Fransisco, and the whole world since he was the youngest billionaire in all of the world. But what you didn't hear was Kate. Sure everyone knew who Erich was but they rarely heard of Kate. 
If your asking,  Kate was Erich's little sister. Years before the murder of his biological father, Kevin Neyers he was out clubbing. Later in the night he hit up some prostitute and  that's when Kate was conceived.  Nine months later a baby girl layed in front of the old torn out apartment door. To his surprise,  he found a child. Frankly,  Neyers was suprised. He wasn't a family type of person,  he couldn't hold a stable job,  he was a drug addict and an alcoholic.
He couldn't give this child stability, he didn't know what do to. He picked up the small baby girl wrapped in the baby blue blanket and held her.  This was the first time he's held a child since...

Erich.

Erich,  his son who he abandoned for drugs and cheap hookers. Neyers knew he could never hold a stable home so he did the only thing he could do.

He left the baby in front of Erich apartment door.

Later that night when Erich got home,  much to his dismay there was a child in front of his door. 
He didn't know why it was there,  he didn't know who she was,  or even how long she had been there,  he just knew that she was there.

Erich knew the feeling of abandonment,grief,  loss and ...

Loneliness...

He knew the feeling of not being wanted, and even though he just meet this small infant,  he was not going to let her feel what he had felt.  He token the small child and entered his apartment.
But then something caught his eye..
a note,  to be exact. He slowly toke the note out of the blanket which concealed the child and opened it.

My son Erich,
      Earlier this morning,  I found this child in front of my door,  I don't know who the mother is but I do know she's mine. I cannot provide a stable home,  so giving her to you I hope you will live and care for this child as I would,  if I could. I know your think I'm abandoning yet another child but I am not. I could not provide stable living conditions to either of you and I could not take you into the hell hole that is my life. All I ask of you is that you live this child and be kind to her. 
                                -Kevin Neyers
     P. S. She has your eyes Erich.

Typical. He thought,  he abandoned another child yet again,  and then he thought of something else.

'She has your eyes Erich'

And when he looked down at the infant again,  surely enough she had the same grey blue ocean eyes he be held himself. 

In that moment he made a decision,  he would not abandoned this child like his father did to him.  He would take care of this child and live her as if he was her father.

* 5 Years Later*

A little girl with big blue eyes,  and long brown hair ran done the hallways if the apartment

"You can't catch me slow poke" she giggled,  running as fast as her short 4 foot frame would carry her.
"Well see about that Katie"

The small girl giggled again,  and surely when she turned around he was there.  In that swift moment he picked the small girl up from behind her waist and spinned her around,  well they laughed.

"Gotcha" he smirked.  " I gotta get to work pumpkin but we'll play some more later,  OK? "
"OK! " she beamed.

It hade been almost an hour,  which considerable was pretty good for Kate,  considering how short her attention span was.

"Erich?"
"Hold on"
" But Erich I've waited a really really really really really really long time" As if to emphasize her time span,  she threw both of her arms out to either side and stretched them out to as far as her body would let her.
"I said hold on. "
" but Eeeerrrrrriiiiiiicccccccchhhh"
"GOD DAMN IT KATE I SAID HOLD ON"
The little girl was startled.  Frankly she had never been yelled at, and didn't like Erichs outburst. Her big blue eyes started to water and you could instantly see the regret in Erich's face.
"Kate,  I... #
" NO!,  I don't care about anything you say,  your a big meanie, and all you do is spend time with Cindy  you don't care about me,  you only care about your stupid company and I only wanted to play with you,  but you don't love me anymore because you have all your love to stupid Cindy,  and I hate you" as if on que the little girl started bawling and ran up to her room,  slamming the door and locking it.

Erich was surprised at her outburst to say the least.  But Kate was right,   he was in no place to yell at him and for the past month he had been at applsyn or with Cindy. Then it crushed him. The last 3 words she said.

'I hate you'

His little girl,  to be quite honest he considered himself. Self more than a father than a brother to Kate. He could account in several occasions we're she had called him daddy.

*1 year ago*
Erich had finally got the hyperactive child to calm down,  and for the most part,  she was asleep.  He laid her down in the bed and he sat beside her.  He looked at the small child,  she was most definitely small,  she was very boney and would problem have a thigh gap the future.
"Goodnight Pumpkin"
He smiled and got up to leave,  right before he shut the door he heard the little girl mumble
"Goodnight daddy"
His lips curled up to a smile and shut the door.

Erich knew it was gonna take more than an apology to get Kate out so, he went to the store and bought every type of candy he saw,  and a bunch of Disney movies. He went up to Kates room and knocked on the door 3 times

"Princess,  can I come in? "

"Only if you have candy"

He smiled,  this was a trait Kate had that he liked.  Her sass,  he opened the door and set the candy down on the floor. He saw a small figure under the white duvet. He then went under the blanket with her and looked at her.

"I'm sorry Kate,  your right I Should'nt've yelled at you and,  and I should of spent more time with you. I'm sorry"

"I just wanted to play with you I'm sorry for bothering you"

He smiled, 

"You have nothing to be sorry for,  I love you princess"

"I love you to Erich"

He smiled and help the petite girl in his arms.

"Erich? "

"Yes baby girl? "

"I don't hate you"

"Thank you baby girl"

"And Erich? "

"Yes? "

"Did you get me animal crackers? "