Fall in love // Malfoy

Draco noticed that you were nervous, for some reason he couldn't understand. Throught all your classes, you wouldn't sit with him like you normally did, and at dinner – where he practically forced you to sit next to him – you were fidgiting around and not making eye contact with him the entire meal.

Remember when we never needed eachother, the best of friends like sister and brother? We understood we'd never be alone.

It didn't annoy Draco that you wanted to sit with other people in class, or that you kept bumping his arm when you was moving around at dinner. What bothered him was the fact that you and Draco has been best friends since forever, and you knew – or should know – that you didn't have to go through anything alone – so why weren't you talking to him about your problems? Some people confused you guys as brother and sister, and neither of you had minded, until as of late. Draco noticed how you didn't like that term, and he could tell that was one of the things bothering you.

The truth?

Those days are gone, and I want you so much. The night is long and I need your touch. Don't know what to say, I never meant to feel this way...don't want to be alone tonight.

You were in love with Draco Malfoy, your best friend. You didn't want to be seen as his sister, you wanted to be seen as his girlfriend. You wanted to go on dates to Hogsmade and kiss in between class in janitor's closets and cuddle in the common room firelight. But Draco didn't feel that way, or at least that's what you thought – and that's also why you were ingoring him as of late.

So when Draco cornered you in the common room after everyone had left, you were frozen. He was looking at you with a look of sadness, his eyebrows slightly furrowed as the firelight cast a hue of red around his figure.

"Y/N, are you going to tell me what's been bothering you?"

I hear your voice, and I start to tremble. Brings back the child that I resemble.

You started to shake slightly, afraid Draco would never speak to you again if you told him. He imeditely noticed this movement and pulled you into his arms, reminding you of when you were younger and had nightmares, and how Draco would do the same thing.

"Hey, it's okay Y/N. I won't let anything or anyone hurt you, so can you please tell me whats wrong?"

Oh, I want to say this right, and it has to be tonight. Just need you to know...

You held tightly onto Draco, burying your face into his chest. "I just want to say this right," you mumbled into the fabric of his shirt. You felt him grab your upper arms and remove your body from him, but his hands stayed on your arms as he held you at arms length and looked you in the eye.

"It has to be tonight, I don't want you to carry this burden alone any longer."

You nodded and gulped. "I just...need you to know something..." you began, looking down at the ground.

I don't want to live this life, I don't want to say goodbye. With you I wanna spend the rest of my life.

"I don't want to live my life as your best friend anymore, but I don't want you to think I don't want to be best friends, because I don't want to say goodbye. I just...I wanna spend the rest of my life with you, Draco Malfoy."

You looked up at a frozen Draco as tears welled up in your eyes, and suddnely everything came spilling out of your mouth.

What can I do to make you mine? Falling so fast and hard this time. What did I say? What did you do? How did I fall in love with you?

"I just fell so hard and fast and I would do anything to make you mine. And I don't know how it happened, how I fell in love with you, but I did. I don't know what I said and what you did, but I fell for you and I fell hard."

Draco was still frozen when you looked up, and your tears began to fall from your Y/E/C eyes. "Please don't hate me," you whispered, frozen as well in fear that the boy you were in love with would never speak to you again.

Those words seemed to shake Draco from his frozen state and he let go of your arms, frowning.

Everything's changed, we never knew.

"Everything's changed, Y/N. We never knew..."

"Knew what?" you questioned – if Draco was never going to speak to you again, you at least wanted some closure.

"That we both fell in love with eachother."

You stared at Draco in shock, before he had stepped forward and pressed his lips to yours. Your lips arms circled around his neck and his arms went around your waist as you kissed, tasting your salty tears from before. When you couldn't breathe anymore – as much as you didn't want to – you pulled away, smiling.

"How did I fall in love with you?"