Chapter 70: Wining and Dining

Start from the beginning

Blaise's face falls. "Well, I'll survive a couple of weeks." He states, looking unconvinced.

"Good luck. We'll think of you whilst we're sleeping in our four-poster king sized bed." Draco teases him.

"You got a new bed?" He asks.

"We're moving my bed from the Manor to our house. It's more comfortable than the one we've got now." Draco explains.

"You're right there. I think your bed is the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in." Blaise sighs. "Do you think Luna and her father would be offended if I brought a bed with me?" He asks.

"Yes, they would be," Pansy tells him with a smirk.

"At least I get to see Luna again." He shrugs, trying to cheer himself up.

"Every cloud." Pansy laughs, finishing her waffle. Blaise glares at her as he finishes her own. "Have you two accepted McGonagall's apprenticeship offer yet?" She asks, looking over the table at Hermione and Draco.

"Not yet," Hermione admits, looking at Draco. "We've been quite busy." She adds.

"It'll take you five minutes so we're going after breakfast. The only reason I took accepted her offer was that you convinced me to. I'm not going to sit at the Professors' table on my own with Neville and Atkins because you two didn't meet the deadline." Pansy warns them with a glare.

"Fine, we'll go to Eeylops straight from here." Draco nods.

"Good, the deadline is Thursday." She reminds them.

"I'm starting to feel left out here." Blaise pouts, leaning back in his chair. "The three of you are going to be at Hogwarts, working together, being friends and forgetting all about poor Blaise."

"Shut up, Blaise. We're not allowed to live at Hogwarts so you'll see us all the time. Stop being so emotional." Pansy rolls her eyes.

"I'm just an emotional person." Blaise overdramatically pretends to wipe a tear from his eye.

Once they've all finished their breakfast, Blaise stands up, stretching his limbs out with an overexaggerated groan.

"I better be off." He states, pulling his jacket on. "It's ten o'clock and I haven't finished packing. I'll see you all when we get back on the fifteenth of July." He smiles sadly.

"Have fun, Blaise," Hermione tells him as she stands up out of the booth to give him a hug.

"What, no hug from you two?" He asks, arms open for either Draco or Pansy to hug him but neither move. "I'm hurt."

"Draco, you're not going to see our best friend for three weeks. The least you can do is hug him goodbye." Hermione chastises him.

"Yes, Draco. Listen to your wife and come here." Blaise opens his arms again.

"Oh, fine." Draco sighs, sliding out of the booth and giving his friend a quick hug goodbye.

"You smell great, Draco," Blaise mutters in his ear.

"This is why I don't hug you," Draco tells him as he pushes him away.

Blaise laughs as he turns to Pansy and quirks a questioning eyebrow.

"No chance, Zabini." She crosses her arms.

"Well, thanks for breakfast. I love you all but I really need to go now." He says as he backs away towards the door. "Goodbye." He salutes before leaving.

"Eeylops," Pansy announces, sliding out of her side of the booth and stalking out of the shop.

Hermione takes hold of Draco's hand as they follow their friend to the owl emporium.