"A lot has happened," Colonel sighed. "Sergent Fuery was sent south,Warrant Officer Falman north, and Lieutenant Breda to the west. Lieutenant Hawkeye is now the Führer's personal assistant"

"Wha--" Edward gasped. "What is this? They're as good as hostages!"

The three examined the Führer from head-to-toe, contemplating if they should attack him, since there was no guards and Wrath only had a sword. They remembered that he was a Homunculus and was confident that he could beat them, and decided not to take the risk.

Someone had coughed had Edward and Alphonse panicked, remembering their little "guest" and Alphonse coughed, totally killing the high-tension atmosphere that was surrounding them for the past few minutes. "Führer, sir..." Edward spoke up. "Earlier, when I was in the hospital, you came to visit me. You has us completely fooled."

"Don't go sticking your noses in it," Wrath informed. "Treat the whole military as the enemy. That's what I ordered you to do. You are important human resources for me. You don't need to know any more than that. If you behave yourselves until the time comes, no harm will come for you."

"When the time comes, what happens to all the other people, the ones you haven't called 'sacrifice'?" Edward demanded.

"I told you, you don't need to know anything more, Fullmetal Alchemist," Wrath repeated, more sternly this time.

"Fullmetal Alchemist, huh?" Edward sneered, pulling out his silver state pocket watch that was covered in blood. "I chose the path of becoming Dog of the Military to get my original body back. However, the whole State Alchemist system itself is probably just something to select sacrifices with. If you're going to be using me for something worse..." Edward threw his pocket watch across the table towards Wrath. "Then I quit as a State Alchemist," he declared.

"Your token as a dog is covered in blood," Wrath observed.

"I will upset your schemes, no matter what they are," Edward gritted his teeth. "I will spread the word to the other alchemists, and then--"

"What was that girl's name again?" Wrath interrupted. "Ah yes, Winry Rockbell. Born in Resembool, a childhood friend of yours, and like family to you. A skilled automail engineer. She currently works in Rush Valley, where she is well-favored by both her customers and companions. A nice, unassuming girl."

"You wouldn't dare..." Edward growled.

"Then what about Evelyn Jocye?" Wrath challenged, causing both Edward and Colonel to perk up in shock. "Clockwork Alchemist. A very skilled fighter, as I observed and heard from all the other soldiers around here. It would be understandable if I pulled her from the Mustang unit and made her my personal bodyguard, as I mentioned before, she is a skilled fighter."

"Hey, I thought--" Colonel started.

Edward interrupted him by slammed his automail hand onto the table, rattling the teacup and causing the tea inside to shake. "You stay away from the both of them!" He yelled. "And everyone around them!"

"The choice is yours," Wrath warned as he tapped the pocket watch and slid it back to Edward. "If you won't take it, I will cut the engineer down and make the other one my very own pawn."

Edward glared and bared his teeth as he grasped the pocket watch and pocketed it. "Very well," Wrath gave a false small smile.

"Um...we're all in agreement," Alphonse confirmed. "So, in exchange for us acting as if we're always have under your watch, please allow us to continue our journey, our original journey to get our original bodies back. If you please."

"Makes no difference to me, as long as you don't do anything uncalled for," Wrath sipped his tea. "What will you do, Colonel Mustang? You're not going to tell me you're quitting the military, are you? Because the same will apply to you if Fullmetal quit, only it's with your Lieutenant and your favorite niece."

"Well, let's see," Mustang sarcastically pondered. "I may be a kept dog now, but I couldn't bear to become a beaten dog. Moreover, right now, I still have my ambitions, so I can't get take off this uniform or get rid of this." He lifted up his pocket watch, emphasizing the last part.

"Very well," Wrath closed his eyes. "You are all dismissed."

As everyone got out of their seats, Colonel spoke, "May I ask you one question, Sir?"

"What is it, Colonel?" Wrath asked.

"Are you the one who killed Hughes?" Colonel replied, making Edward and Alphonse and turn around to see how this would play out.

"No, I'm not the one," Wrath answered.

"Then, who as it?" Colonel demanded.

"I agreed to one question," Wrath replied, being petty now.

"...If you'll excuse me," Colonel muttered as he walked towards the door.

Just as Edward and Alphonse followed, Wrath called out, "Just a moment, Alphonse."

Just as Edward and Alphonse turned around, Wrath drew his sword in a flash and pierced it straight through Alphonse's side. Edward and Alphonse gasped in fear of what will happen to their guest, remembering Martel the last time he did that. But as Wrath drew the sword out, it was clean. Not a single drop of blood was on it. The guest got lucky this time. "Was there something?" Alphonse stumbled.

"No, you are dismissed," Wrath sheathed his sword.

Edward and Alphonse exited the office with shaking legs, and just as Colonel closed the door tightly, they both began to spasm out. "That was too close!"

From inside the armor, the guest-the Xingese girl from earlier and Shao May-both shook in each of Alphonse's legs. "I almost got stabbed in the head!" The Xingese girl squealed.