II

I sat across the desk of Führer King Bradley as the assistant in his office poured us some tea for us to drink. He handed me a white bowl full of glittering sugar cubes. "Would you like some?" He asked with a smile.

I shook my head no. He took the tiny tongs and plucked two sugar cubes from the bowl and dropped them into his tea. He picked up his cup and took a sip and I followed him, picking my tea off the saucer and sipping then placing it back down onto the saucer while staring at him. "Is there a reason why you requested my presence at your office?" I asked, even though the answer was obvious. But, it was to lighten the tense atmosphere everyone felt when they were in the same room as the Führer.

"Ah, yes," he replied. "You've have quite a streak of successful missions lately. Colonel Mustang has been bragging about them. He talks to you almost as much as Hughes does with his wife and kid. But, what can I say? You are his favorite niece."

"Führer...may I remind you that I am his only niece," I sweatdropped.

"Ahaha...that true. But, now let's address the elephant in the room, shall we? I'm assigning you another mission. Unlike the other ones you've been on, this one is an extensive, long-term mission. Because of your successful streak on assigned missions and relations with this person and his brother, you are most suited for the job."

"What is it?"

"I want you...to be the bodyguard of the Fullmetal Alchemist."

My eyes widened as I nearly choked on the tea I was drinking. "Shocked?" Führer grinned, closing his one eye as he placed both of his hands underneath his chin. His wrinkles were more visible when he smiled.

"It's...quite a big job..." I coughed, setting my tea down back onto the saucer.

"Indeed it is...Fullmetal has been researching about the Philospher's Stone and lately he's been reckless during his research. I need you to protect him when he's on his mission."

"A-Are you sure that I am suited for this kind of job?"

"Why, you fit all of the qualifications, so yes, you are. He is waiting in Colonel Mustang's office. Go there and meet him. Dismissed."

I nodded as I stood up, leaving mu unfinished cup of tea on the saucer as I strode over to the large oak door of his office. As I gabbed the brass knob, I paused, remembering something, and turned around to face the Führer once more. "If I may ask...how do I know this 'Fullmetal Alchemist'?" I asked him.

"You'll see," he gave me a small wave of goodbye while also dismissing me.

I was scared. Surprises like those always scare me. Shaking as I exited the Führer's office, I made my way to Colonel Mustang's office. Just I was about to knock on the door, a large hand gripped the knob. I expected it to be Lieutenant Hawkeye, but I looked up and was surprised to see Colonel Mustang. "Colonel?" I asked.

"Clockwork?" He replied, paperwork in one arm. "Why are you here?"

"The Führer sent me here to meet this Fullmetal Alchemist."

"Ah. The meeting must of ended sooner than I thought."

He opened the door and let me in. One I walked in, I saw a short young man in a red, hooded cloak and golden-blonde hair tied in a braid with a suit of armor next to him. They were by Colonel's desk, looking at a picture frame on it. Once they heard us walking in, they both turned around. My eyes met with a familiar pair of golden eyes and we both gasped.

"Fullmetal, what are you doing by my desk?" Colonel Mustang demanded.

"YOU are the Fullmetal Alchemist?!"

"YOU are the Colonel's niece?!"