Chapter [1]

"AUBREY! Hurry up and get your butt dressed it's 10 O'clock in the morning . What are you doing? Talking to boys?" Aubrey's father yells out laughing . "Dad, I just woke up and boys never talk to me unless they want something" She whispers . Aubrey slowly makes her way out of bed and looks out her window. She enjoys to watch her neighbourhood on Saturdays for her neighbours are always up to something. She watches as kids across the street play street hockey having a great time and the elderly couple Mr. and Mrs. Wash walking their pomeranian up and down the street. Aubrey then walks out of her bedroom and makes her way to the bathroom to wash up her face and brush her teeth. "Hey, dad, have you seen my grey Roots hoodie? I can't find it anywhere " She yells out as she searches through her pile of clothes on the floor with her toothbrush in her mouth. "Oh yeah, well the last time I saw you wear it was when you had that sleepover two weeks ago at your friend Kylie's house. Remember?" "Damn it. I'm not friends with that back stabber anymore. I wonder if my dad would be nice enough to let me pick up a new one" Aubrey whispers to herself "what was that?" her dad says , "oh nothing.." she says getting up and rinsing out her mouth.

In the car Aubrey and her father take a ride to Finn's house, a close friend of her father's. "Dad... can we not go here," she tells him "Aubrey every damn time I drive to Finn's house you always have a problem with it, why don't you just go out and hang out with his son Tj. You guys use to have a lot of fun when you were younger. How old is he now?" Her dad asks "Well I think he's 18 now but remember we only use to have fun until he turned 16" Aubrey says as she looks out at the window. "Well, I'm sure you'll be just fine. It was one time, you know us boys always getting into trouble and making dumb mistakes. It'll be okay sweetheart he did say sorry. It's only for a couple of hours, I just need to help out his dad alright" Her dad says smiling "DON'T SWEETHEART ME DAD! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! Listen I don't care if he said sorry, Sorry doesn't cut it. He still touched me... He should have gone to jail. I'm not getting out of this stupid car" Aubrey yells out as she takes off her seatbelt and climbs to the back seat. "Just tell him that I'm not here," She says. Aubrey's father continues to drive towards Finn's house with a shocked face as he shakes his head and sighs. When they reach Aubrey's dad gets out the car and asks her one more time if she is sure about staying in the car. She nods yes and locks the door so her father heads into the house. Aubrey Starts to play one of her favourite songs breathe me by Sia as she starts to close her eyes and sing the lyrics.She uses to dance to it when she was younger at her ballet school. She would come home to practise the dance for hours so that she could show her mom, but she was never impressed .

As Aubrey continues to play her song she starts to thinks to herself about Tj.

I still don't understand why Tj would ever do such a thing to me. We were best friends and we use to have so many fun together. He wasn't drunk that night and he knows it, He wasn't even allowed to drink at that age anyways. What was going on through his mind? The way he looked at me made me go so weak but I was still scared , I didn't know what was happening and I was never taught about this type of abuse. I know I was 12 and was old enough to have some common sense to what was wrong and right but that night I didn't know .He ...he told me he loved me. What a lie. Why and how could I have believed that? As if any 12 years old knows about love and why would a 15 year old love one.

As Aubrey is in her thoughts she is startled by some noises coming from the back of the car. "Hello?" She says wide eyed as she looks out the window and takes her headphones off . "Oh hey, Aubrey I didn't know you were in the car haha," Tj says smiling through the back window of the car."Ahh kill me now ,why did I even speak. Maybe if I just shut up he'll just leave thinking he was just hearing things" she whispers to herself sinking into the chair. "I know you're in there , I was just joking your dad sent me out to check on you. Glad you're alive, Can you let me in? He says. "I'll rather not thanks. Why don't you just head on back to your room?" Aubrey says double checking that all the car doors are locked . "Aw come on Aubrey I just wanted to take you out to Dairy Queen so we could just chill for a bit, what do you say? I'll pay" Tj says while pressing a twenty dollar bill to the window. " Should I...?" She whispers to herself while unlocking the back door. "Listen, I'll go for the Ice Cream but nothing else alright." She says while Tj interrupts "and ya I won't touch you or pull any moves on you I promise. Just relax and trust me you're not my type anyways" He says with a smirk "Oh shut up haha" Aubrey says with a little smile.

On the way to Dairy Queen Tj and Aubrey try to catch up on each other's lives on what they missed. "So how's your mom?" Tj asks "Oh you mean the crazy crackhead ? yeah I don't know and I really could care less" she replies rolling her eyes. "How's your mom doing?" she asks "Oh well she's on a cruise ship with her new boyfriend Mack for the week " he replies "Oh... Well, how's school, did you get into a good Collage?" Aubrey says "University actually haha, and it's pretty good, I almost got kicked out," he says "oh wow, how?" she asks looking away out the window to a familiar nearby forest. "Ah Tj do you remember what happened that last time we stayed near here right," Aubrey Says, "I told you, Aubrey , I'm sorry and it won't happen again I changed okay," Tj says making a right turn to drive into DQ. "So, how did you almost get kicked out your school?" Aubrey asks. " Well I have this girlfriend," he tells her . "Oh okay cool, I didn't know you had a girlfriend, " She says looking to him "of course, you didn't , I just told you.Anyways we aren't officially together yet we are just dating" He says while he parks the car outside the restaurant He steps out the car and walks her to the door." So... how did your girl almost get you kicked out or whatever?" She asks him. "Oh, well she kept wanting me to hang out with her so my marks dropped pretty fast. But I fixed that problem." He says. "How'd you fix it?" She asks him opening the door to the restaurant. "We just study together now. That way I can focus on my school work and hang out with her as well." He adds smiling down at her and walking up to the cashier. "So what do you feel like having? Tj asks her . "Hmm, I think I feel like a buster bar, what about you?" "I think I'll have the same" Tj says smiling and telling the cashier.

Tj and Aubrey sit down across from each other in one of the booths sharing some jokes. "you still tell the same jokes till this day Tj." Aubrey says laughing as she looks out the window. Tj puts his hand on her knee while they laugh together. "Um, Tj," Aubrey says with a slight mad face "Oh sorry," Tj says as he quickly moves his hands and looks up to the ceiling embarrassed. "I'm going to go use the washroom when I come back could we leave?" She asks "Yeah sure I have some homework to do anyway and I'm sorry about that, it's just something I do with my friends" he replies "it's okay," she says walking into the washroom.

In the Washroom Aubrey stops to look at herself in the mirror, she splashes some cold water on her face and walks into a stall to use some toilet paper to dry off her face . The sound of two girls laughing from outside the washroom becomes louder and one opens the door to the washroom. "Oh hi Aubrey I didn't know you were in here," a girl says as she turns back to laugh with her friend. Aubrey turns to see who had said that and realized that it was Kylie. "Oh great just who I wanted to see on my perfect Saturday" Aubrey says sarcastically and quietly with a fake smile as she walks to the door. "Why are you leaving so soon friend?" Kylie says while she pushes Aubrey away from the door. "Just leave me alone okay. If I was here by myself fine bother me as much as you want, but I have someone waiting for me and I have to go" Aubrey says walking toward the door again. "Mikayla give me your root beer," Kylie says to her friend "Ah why?" her friend says "JUST DO IT!" Kylie replies as she grabs the drink out of Mikayla's hand and dumps it over Aubrey's head "Oh no Aubrey , you're a mess you should go take a look in the mirror" Kylie says laughing. "Hey Aubrey! are you okay in there you've been in the washroom for quite a while now" Tj says from outside the door "Oh Aubrey I think your dad's calling for you haha" Mikayla says laughing with Kylie "It's not my Dad stupid it's my friend Tj" Aubrey says as she gets up pushing Mikayla and Kylie out the way and swings the door open . "You're all soaked what happened in there?" Tj asks "Don't worry about it just take me home," Aubrey Says. "Sure okay," Tj says as he walks her to the car and drives her home.