Breaking: Part 2 - Anne x Phillip

Trigger Warning: Physical Violence and Emotional Abuse
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previously: "Leave us alone!" Exclaims Anne as she grips Phillip's hand tightly. "And how do you think you'll make us do that, Little Miss Circus Princess?" The tone in the ruffian's voice was not a friendly one at all. Anne, with a look of wild determination on her face, stands up and heads straight toward the man. Her eyes are wild, as if she were a lioness hunting it's prey. . .

~~~~

Although before she could reach the man, another plants a sharp kick right into Anne's rib cage. She yelps out in pain as she collapses to the ground. As if her scream had awoken something inside of him, Phillip leaps up and punches the man in the face. The man withdrawals quickly, his hand clasped over his nose.

"Oh, so pretty boy wants to play rough then... Alright then boys, have at him." Exclaims the leader of the group. Chaos erupts from there on. Anne screams out in protest as 9 men rush to attack Phillip. The other man comes up behind her, grabs her arms and holds them tightly.

"Ready to watch your precious love die?" Anne's captor whispers maliciously into her ear.

"No!!" Anne cries out again, tears now streaming down her face as she struggles to wiggle herself free. She tries to elbow the man in the ribs, but ultimately fails. Anne watches helplessly as her partner is unrelentlessly beaten to the ground.

"This is all my fault. I shouldn't of run off." Anne yells out through sobs. Anne's captor's grip increases, bruising her arms. Anne yells out in surprise and pain. After 3 minutes of continous fighting, Phillip collapses to the floor unconscious.

A police man quickly approaches the crowd, leaving the protesters to disperse into the nearby alleyways. Anne's captor throws Anne roughly on top of the unconscious Phillip. Anne collapses over his limp body, tears streaming down her face.

A pair of arms try and pull her off of him, but she swats them away. Everything from then on was a blur. They we both placed on stretchers and brought to the hospital. Anne was free to go after a quick inspection while Phillip was still laying unconscious on the white cotton sheets.

Here she is now, holding Phillip's limp hand in hers. She is sitting on the bed next to him, her face with a blank expression upon it. She was emotionally numb. Phillip starts to stir in the hospital bed and the hand encased in Anne's is no longer limp.

Anne looks up and catches the gaze of Phillip's opening eyes. Anne looks down at their hands in shame, which are still entertwined. She softly says, "This is all my fault. If I wouldn't have overreact and ran off you wouldn't of gotten hurt." A few tears of guilt start to roll down her face.

"You didn't overreact Anne. You are entitled to feel what ever you need or want to feel." Phillip responds in a scratchy voice. He caresses his thumb across the back of Anne's hand to calm her.

"If only I could've been stronger, you wouldn't have been hurt." Anne says, tears silently rolling down her face.

"Anne, look at me." Phillip says as he gently raises her chin until their eyes connect. Phillip observes that her eyes are puffy and red, an obvious signs of tears. "You are the strongest person I know. Crying doesn't mean your incapable of being strong but that you've been strong for too long."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I hope you enjoyed the second part to 'Breaking'. Remember, if you have an idea for a one shot, message me. I am open to requests!

(GIF is not mine. All rights to the owner.)

~wildmustang4002~