Breaking: Part 1 - Anne x Phillip

Trigger Warning: Physical Violence and Emotional Abuse
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anne runs full speed out of the circus tent, a steady stream of tears running down her face. She couldn't do it anymore. She's been so strong for too long. The taunting, the teasing, the emotional pain. She was done. A familiar voice calls out her name as she runs but it doesn't stop her. She just needs space.

Everything was a blur. She didn't know where she was going, she just ran. After 5 minutes of continuous running, Anne stops. Her legs ache, her body feels weak. She collapses onto the cold, rough asphalt and cries. People pass by her, only few give her a sympathetic glance.

The soft wind whistles through the nearby tree and caresses the damp face of the sobbing performer. Anne takes in nice, deep breaths of the earthy, spring air, trying to steady her tears. Anne tries to focus her mind on the grace and beauty of nature rather than her worries and the noisy town around her. Her crying slowly subsides.

All of the sudden, a rough voice breaks Anne from her thoughts."So what do we have here?" A scruffy looking man says as he approaches Anne. She was so entranced that she didn't hear the footsteps of 10 men advancing upon her. She jumps up, terrified of what will happen. This group of men could easily overpower any woman, even an acrobatic. The man and his friends chuckle.

She knew these guys, the avid protesters. The ones that spread the nasty lies to the press and the ones that ridicule every one of their acts. She pressed herself up against the cold brick wall behind her. The men slowly advance upon the curly haired brunette shouting rude and racist comments. A few profanities drifted through the chatter as well.

A loud voice from the back of the crowd, that has crowed around Anne, yells her name out. She knows that voice! "Phillip!" Anne gasps aloud.

A familiar person pushes through the large crowd and stand protectively in front of Anne. "Stay back!" He yells towards the group of men. Anne swiftly steps closer to him, her hands shaking slightly and her breathing rapid. She holds onto his arm, his body still in between her and the group.

"What are you going to do to us pretty boy?" Another man snickers.

"Yeah. Are you going to defeat us with your crazy circus skills?!" Yells another sarcastically. The group once again laugh. Phillip's hands clench into a tight fist. Coincidentally, the soft whistling of the wind stills, as if Mother Nature could sense the tension building between the group and Phillip.

"Phillip, don't do it. Don't resort to violence." Anne whisper in his ear softly. Her voice sends a shiver down his spine. His head says to fight, to protect his soulmate from this  harm. But his heart is saying to listen to his girlfriend, listen to her words of wisdom.

While this internal conflict floods Phillip's mind, the leader of the protesters makes up his own mind. Before Phillip knows it, he is on the ground crying out in pain. Anne is instantly by his side, tears quickly filling her eyes as she sees him in pain. The man is hunched over the couple, a malicious smile upon his lips. The man's hands are still clenched menacingly.

"Maybe we should teach you a lesson, circus freaks!" The scruffy looking man exclaims, his group hollering in approval. "Leave us alone!" Exclaims Anne as she grips Phillip's hand tightly. "And how do you think you'll make us do that, Little Miss Circus Princess?" The tone in the ruffian's voice was not a friendly one at all. Anne, with a look of wild determination on her face, stands up and heads straight toward the man. Her eyes are wild, as if she were a lioness hunting it's prey. . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I have decided to split this one shot into two parts because of how long it is. Remember, I am open to any one shot requests and it doesn't just have to be Anne x Phillip
(they are just my main OTP in this film). I would love to hear your feedback on my one shots as well! Have an amazing day or night!
(GIF is not mine. All rights to the owner.)

~wildmustang4002~