Ch. 7

Last week we moved Mel into the apartment. And it has been a little all over the place, between getting her into school and work.

I got up this morning a little earlier than usual, so I decided to go for a run in the park down the street from the house. I got dressed into my workout outfit, grabbed my water bottle and I was on my way. I walked outside of the apartment complex and it was freezing, but I knew that if I would go back inside and grabbed my jacket that I would have lost all the feeling to go running so I ran off the cold. I got to the park and the sun was just coming over the horizon, I turned to the trail that does through the park, it is a wooded area, with a lot of trees and a paved path.

While I was jogging I looked down for a quick minute and I bumped into someone, I looked up and it was Morgan, I took out my headphones, and he had to use the most lame pick up line, "he baby come here often" he said

"Stop" I said with a slight smirk in my voice. After a little JJ and Emily came running up.

"Wow took you long enough" Morgan said.

"Oh hey Kara" JJ said.

"Hey" I said, by that our phones buzzed.

"Hotch wants us at the office and like now" Emily said.

"Okay see you there" I said then ran back to the apartment. I got a quick shower and got dressed. I got into my truck and drove to the office.

As I got there I saw Morgan pull up in his black dodge truck, a lot like mine but mine is nicer. "Hey do you know what this case is about" I asked.

"Not a clue" Morgan said. We got inside and up to the sixth floor and everyone was scrambling around.

"Hotch wants us in the conference room now" Garcia said walking up the ramps, I walked up with the both of them and everyone was sitting down in their chairs, me next to Prentiss and Morgan. "Okay crime fighters for the last two weeks four people were found shot with a 9mm in New York. The victims are Blake Cabnet, Alissa Williams, Destiny Pendleton, and Kyle Seals" Garcia said.

"This unsub crosses racial and gender lines" I said.

"Are there any ties" Morgan asked.

"No that's the weird part, Blake was Air Force, back from his second tour in Afghanistan, and Alissa was a only parent who was a waitress and barley living off of her tips, different financial preferences" Garcia said.

"So nothing connects these victims so it is only a matter of time until this unsub goes on a killing spree, wheels up in thirty" Hotch said. I got up from my chair being followed by JJ and Garcia.

"So Kara, is there anyone in your life that is special" Garcia asked.

"Yeah Rose do you" JJ said. I ignored the question and grabbed my 'go bag' off of my desk not saying anything.

"Why are you avoiding the question" Garcia asked.

"Because, I don't have one, I used to, but not anymore" I said looking down at my hands.

"What happened" JJ asked.

"He died three days before the wedding. Now if you will excuse me I really don't want to talk about it" I said walking out the doors of the BAU. I went down to my truck and drove to the airport. I got on the jet and I was the first one on there. Ten minutes later Hotch came, and then there were two.

"How long have you been here" he asked.

"About ten minutes" I said looking up from my book.

"Don't you ever go home" he asked.

"Do you" I asked jokingly.

"Fair enough. What are you reading" he asked.

"The Princess Bride" I said.

"So Rose what do you think about this case" he asked.

"You're right, it's only a matter of time until this unsub is going to go on a killing spree. Considering this guy has already killed four victims on a two weeks, and considering that we haven't been called in yet makes me a little off edge, I don't know that is just me" I said.

"I think you may be right Rose" he said agreeing with me.

About fifteen minutes later the rest of the team got there, and we took off on our short flight to New York. "Lets review the case" Hotch said. I sat by JJ and Morgan.

"Hotch don't you think it is weird that these guys called us in after four people had to die, it just doesn't fit" Morgan said.

"Okay, everything that this unsub has been doing it points that he is organized killer, killing random people with no ties, and kill people on the street quick in and out" I said.

"Rose and JJ I want you to go to the latest crime scene and the rest of us will go get set up at the local PD" Hotch said.