Ch. 5- Children

I have been working at the BAU for now three months and ever since then my parents have been bothering me to take Melissa in. Sitting at my desk doing paperwork, minding my own business and then Garcia came over. "Hey Kara Rose" she said.

"Hi Penelope Garcia" I said putting my pen down looking at her.

"So I was wondering if you wanted to go out with all of us tonight if a case doesn't come up" she asked.

"Yeah" I said. By that Hotch came out of his office.

"Hey guys sorry to cancel on team's night out but conference room in 10" he said

"You know what never mind. Maybe some other time" Garcia said. "Oh it's a good thing he canceled it because this looks bad" she added.

I got up and went to the conference room, "hey Rose" Morgan said catching up with me.

"What's up" he asked.

"Nothing" I said. I sat down in my normal spot.

"Good news the case is local so we don't have to go anywhere, bad news reporters are on their way up. Garcia inform us of what is on our way" Hotch said sitting next to me.

"So we have two missing children both with the same background, good family, well living, well behaved both are 15. This is Rylie Work and  Chloe Drip. Rylie has been missing since Wednesday and Chloe just went missing yesterday" she said. (By the way it is Friday)

"Not to point out the obvious but are we sure that they are both still alive" Rossi asked.

"We haven't found their bodies yet so we are keeping our fingers crossed" Garcia said.

"Morgan and Prentiss go talk with the families, Rose and JJ deal with the media, Reid, Garcia and Rossi go to the houses, Garcia while you are there I want you to hack into the computers and find anything, I will stay here and work with the lead detective on this case" Hotch commanded.

JJ and I went into the main hall to go talk with the media and as I opened the door my favorite person was standing there in first in line, Harley. Lots of questions where coming form these annoying reporters.  "Thank you for your interest on the missing children but the FBI has no comment until further notice. Thank you" JJ said, we both walked back into the BAU office.

"How do you know what to say and the perfect time" I asked.

"Before I became a profiler I was a press liaison so I had to deal with all of that all the time" she said walking into the conference room. "The press is taken care of" JJ said to Hotch.

"For now though" he said.

I sat down in my chair and looked over the case file. "Do you see something that you missed" Rossi asked sitting next to me, "see your a smart kid" he added.

"Thanks Rossi, but I'm not the smart one of this group, that's Reid" I said jokingly.

"Speakin like a true genius" he said. I heard a smirk behind me and it happened to be Hotch.

"Wait the emotionless boss can smile" I said jokingly.

"Get back to work agent Rose" he said turning back to a straight face.

"Yes sir" I said.

My phone buzzed and it happened to be Harley. "Agent Rose" I said going out of the room.

"Kara can we meet, nothing to be doing with the press but I have something that might help with your case" She said.

"Fine" I said putting my phone back into my pocket. I walked back into the conference room. "Hotch can we talk" I asked.

"Yeah" we both stepped into the hallway. "What do you need" he asked.

"I know that this is a long shot but my frie... sister has something that she had on this case, and I know that she is a member of the press and I know that it isn't professional to discuss with the press..." I started to ramble.

"Rose, we are stumped do what you must, but make sure she shows up in the conference room" he said.

"Thank you sir" I said then turned around. I opened down the doors. "Harley" I said and then held opened the door for her.

"Thank you for listening" she said.

"Before you say anything what do you want" I asked.

"All I want is an interview about this case after it is done. I want to help these children" she said.

"You can discuss this with my unit chief" I said then lead her to the conference room.

"Ms. Waters what do you have for us" Hotch said.

"Right, so these children have only one thing in common, almost every person's face is asymmetrical like their left eye is a little more down then their right eye. But all these children's faces are perfectly symmetrical. You can double check if you must" she said.

"Reid" Hotch said sternly. Reid stared at the pictures of the children.

"She's correct" he said surprisingly.

"How in the hell did she do that before Reid did" Morgan said.

"I have an IQ of 185 and have an identic memory, and fluent in 7 languages including ASL" Harley said.

"Thank you Ms. Waters..." Hotch started to say.

"Please it's Harley" she said politely.

"Thank you Harley. What can we give you for this information" he said.

"Just an interview with one of your agents after this case" she said.

"Fine" he looked around the room, "you can have an interview with Dr. Reid" he said. I laughed quietly.

"Hotch" Reid whined.

"Don't Hotch me" he said.

"Why can't Kara do it" Reid asked.

"Huh no" I said.

"Fine Kara and Reid will do it" Hotch said.

"Please don't" I said.

"It's been decided" Hotch said.

"I hate you" I said to Hotch and Harley.

"I get that a lot" said Hotch.

"Love you too" Harley said to me.