Part 22 "Escape Plan"

"It's not safe here." Leslie said, looking around anxiously.

"They won't dare to attack in public. We need to get that wound treated." Harry said, leading her to the information desk.

"They already tried to shoot you in the theater. They can easily kill us in a hospital." Leslie said.

"At least we will have immediate help with the wounds." Harry said, grinning while Leslie frowned. 

"I'm serious. You are not safe, Harry. We need to get you out of town." Leslie said, trying to cross her arms, wincing while trying to do so.

"I can't have you move with a bullet inside you. We need to take that thing out." Harry said firmly.

While Leslie was treated with immediate care, Harry tried to contact Jerry. Nothing.

Harry's blood ran cold. Why wasn't he answering his damn phone?

He went back inside hurriedly, to find Leslie's arm wrapped in a bandage. 

"Jerry isn't answering his phone. Something's wrong." Harry said, his eyes looking wild.

"We need to get out of here." Leslie said, her eyes getting cold.

"But, You need to-" The nurse tried to stop them, but Leslie was already out of their sight.

"Just put the bills on this card." Harry said, handing the nurse his card and rushing off with Leslie.

Leslie had to think of a way out. If Jerry was attacked, then it would be pretty damn hard to get out of there safely. 

"We need a distraction. And something big." Harry said, gasping for air.

"In a hospital? Uhuh. We can't do that." Leslie said as she led them to the underground parking lot.

"What are you doing?! Are you nuts? They can easily kill us here!" Harry whisper shouted as Leslie ran to the nearest car.

"Desperate time calls for desperate measures." Leslie said, opening the car door in a flash.

"How did you..?" Harry's mouth fell open as Leslie ushered him inside.

"No time." Leslie said, stepping on the accel as the car screeched with the sudden movement.

"Keep your head down at all times. We are going to ditch this car in a few minutes." Leslie said as the car bolted to the exit, entering the road. A few shots were heard from behind, but they were already too far away for accurate aim.

"What's the plan?" Harry asked, his eyes bugging out.

"We don't know how many of those fuckers are after you, and where they are positioned. We need to lay low and get out of town." Leslie said as the car entered into some dodgy looking neighborhood. The car screeched into a stop in front of a car center.

"What are we going to do at a car center?" Harry asked. He just couldn't handle any more surprises.

"I have an emergency car here." Leslie said as she hopped out of the stolen car.

"Papa González? It's me, Leslie." Leslie shouted as a bald man ran out of his shop, dropping the oil soaked rag that he was holding.

"Ay Dios Mio! It's been a long time, La Belleza." The man grinned as he pulled Leslie into a hug.

"I need that emergency car, right now. We are in a hurry." Leslie said, pulling out of his hug.

 González frowned as he ranted in Spanish, while Harry stared at the man in a daze. After a few conversations, the man disappeared in a rush.

"I didn't know you knew Spanish." Harry said, his face blank.

"That's because I don't. I only know some basic sentences. I only got the half of what he told me." Leslie said, shrugging.

Not a minute later, The man reappeared, holding a car key. Leslie took the key as she hugged the man once again.

"I'll come again soon. Take care, Pa." Leslie said.

"Just be safe, alright?" González grunted, his face scrunched with worry.

Leslie pursed her lips as she ran to the car, Harry following her.

"You better be kidding me." Harry said, staring at the battered old car, rusty with chips of paint falling off.

"Looks can be deceiving." Leslie said as she indicated for him to ride.

"Leslie. This is insane. This car will fall apart in seconds. We better just take the car we took from the hospital." Harry said, trying to convince her.

Leslie sighed. "Do you trust me?" She asked.

Harry was stuck. He did trust Leslie. But this car...

"Oh, fine." Harry said, sighing loudly as he climbed into the shotgun.

Leslie gave him a small smile as she put the car in gear.