Part 18 "Interrogation"

"What should we do? We can't just go there and kick her ass." Leslie said, pacing around the living room. 

The two of them were back at the apartment, still in shock. Leslie had thought Lilly didn't have it in her to actually do the dirty deal. 

"Why not? We have the evidence. We should just call the cops right now." Harry said. 

"I don't know..." Leslie said. 

"Why are you hesitating? She was behind all of this. Now all of this is solved!" Harry exclaimed.

"Something doesn't feel right. Why would she want to harm you that bad?" Leslie asked.

"I don't know. Maybe cause she is a psychopath? Look. We should just hand her over to the cops and be done with." Harry said.

Leslie pursed her lips. Her instincts never lied. Something was more to this incident. But what?

"You're right. Call the cops." Leslie said, looking at the CCTV clip in repeat.

Harry nodded and went into his room, his cellphone in one hand. Everything is over now. With Lilly gone in his world, everything would be back to normal.

/

"Get your hands off of me! I'm telling you that I didn't do it!" Lilly screamed as the cops struggled to hold her still.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law..." The officer said as they started to drag her to the police car.

Harry and Leslie stood right on the spot, still absorbing the whole thing.

"So. It's all over, huh?" Leslie said.

"Yeah. I guess so." Harry replied.

"Shall I pack my bags then?" Leslie said, her eyes vacant of emotions. 

"What? No!" Harry exclaimed, his eyes widening.

"It's over, Harry. Lilly has been caught. You probably don't need a bodyguard now." Lilly said, shrugging.

"No, I still need you. We don't know why Lilly did what she did. I'm not letting you go until things are officially over." Harry said, dismissing the idea.

Leslie nodded. She couldn't wait to find out what Lilly Winters had to say to defend herself.

/

"How many times that I have to say that I'm innocent?" Lilly Winters said, her voice trembling.

"We have you on tape. If you confess to your crimes, we might be able to lessen your sentence. There's no point in putting up a fight. You have no alibi. All leads points for you." The attorney said, with the officer sitting right opposite of them.

"But I swear I didn't do it! Why would I hurt Harry Sinne? I don't even know how to make a bomb for crying out loud!" Lilly said.

"There is no point of lying, Miss Winters. The search history of your cellphone proves this wrong. You have searched keywords such as Explosive, Terror, and Bombs." The officer said with a stern face.

"I only searched those keywords because I was trying to search the New York bombing incident article! After I read the article, I was really curious whether a person could really find out how to make explosives that easily on the Internet, hence the search history! I am innocent I tell you!" Lilly protested, tears running down her face.

"Interesting backstory, Miss Winters. But that still doesn't explain the footage we have. Take a look at it yourself." The officer played the video clip on the notebook, turning it so that it faced Lilly Winters.

"That's not me! I never wear clothes like that." Lilly said, her face scrunching up in dislike.

The officer scoffed. "That doesn't prove anything. We searched your house and found the hoodie set. I think it will be better if you confess to your crimes. If you keep on insisting that you are innocent, well, you can prove that on the court. Though things won't be good for you there."

"This is absurd! I need to talk to Harry. He must be mistaken! I'll never do such a thing to him! Please let me talk to him." Lilly sobbed.

The officer sighed. "Good for you, Harry Sinne has been waiting to speak to you." The officer and Lilly Winter's attorney left the Interrogation room, and Harry Sinne entered.

"We can't give you much time. 10 minutes tops." The officer said as Harry nodded. The door closed and Harry sat at the opposite of Lilly.

"Harry." Lilly said, trying to meet Harry's eyes.

"Lilly." Harry said, staring directly at Lilly's eyes. Their eye contact never broke.

"How could you do this to me?" Lilly said, tears filling her eyes.

"To you? How could you do such a thing to me? I know that our relationship didn't end good but shooting me and setting a bomb at my office? What did I do to deserve that?" Harry said, shaking his head.

"I swear I didn't do it! I confess that I was bitter that you had moved on so fast when I was still struggling. But I would never try to kill you because of it!" Lilly said, trying to convince Harry.

"I don't know if I can trust you. I found the CCTV clip, Lilly. That was no doubt you. So I want to know why you did it. I really liked you. But you were the one who cheated on me. You can't be mad that I cheated on you because of it. I admit that it was a shitty way to express how mad I was at you, but that doesn't give you the right to kill me." Harry said. It felt like he was choking on every word. His chest heaved as he tried to breath calmly.

"Harry. I never tried to kill you. You have to believe me! I am innocent. I don't know how this doppelganger acted like me but that person is not me!!" Lilly said, tears running down her face.

Harry shook his head. "That was clearly you, Lilly. They found the clothes at your apartment. I was really hoping you would admit your crimes. I guess I was just asking for too much of you."

The officer opened the door and Harry stepped outside, ignoring Lilly's screams. 

"I'm innocent!! Harry! Harry, Please!!"