Part 6 "Wheat Lunch"

# Nicki Minaj - Ganja Burn

It was a slow day, and nothing happened not if you count the incident with the printer. Mr.Evans accidentally poured his coffee on it, making it a crap of metal in an instant.

Leslie was bored out of her mind. She was thinking about who the attacker might be, but that didn't last long since she didn't know much about Harry. The file that her boss gave her didn't really say much either. Just the basic information of Harry stating his birthday, his blood type and such. It was pretty much useless.

It was nearly time for lunch, and she stared at Harry expectantly. She never skipped a meal in her life, and she wasn't going to start now.

After a whole lot of staring, Harry finally looked up from his precious files and stared at her, as if asking what.

"Isn't it time for lunch?" Leslie asked, pointing at the clock. Harry nodded.

"Yeah. In about 5 minutes. I'm just going to pass, though. You go eat with Mr. Evans. I'm sure he will be happy to accompany you." Harry said, going back to work. Leslie frowned. It wasn't healthy to skip meals at Harry's state.

After 5 minutes, Leslie rushed out of the office without a word. Harry flinched at the door closing with a slam.

"Hmph. She sure must love lunch if she went out without a word to me." Harry muttered as he went on with his work.

After a few minutes, there was a knock on the door.

Harry raised his head expectantly. "Come in."

Mr. Evans rushed in, his cheeks flushed. "Sir, It's time for lunch."

Harry frowned. What was he doing here? Mr.Evans must have misinterpreted his frown because he began babbling.

"I'm so sorry that I'm late, Sir. My computer shut down and I had to go get some help and-"

"Mr.Evans." Harry cut in. "Why aren't you eating lunch with my other secretary, Ms.Jones?"

Mr.Evans looked bewildered. "Ms.Jones, Sir? She rushed out of the building saying that she had somewhere to go."

"But I asked her to have lunch with you. Never mind. I'm not having lunch today. You go ahead." Harry said, dismissing him.

"Where could she have gone to?" Harry said to himself. Just then, Leslie came in holding two paper bags.

"Ms.Jones?" Harry asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I brought lunch." Leslie said, giving one of the bags to Harry. Harry peeked inside to find a small cup of salad, wheat sandwich, and carrot juice.

"You got this for me?" Harry asked.

"No. I got it for Santa Claus." Leslie dryly said as she sat at the opposite of him, taking out the same food out of her own bag.

"Why?" Harry asked again.

Leslie sighed. What was with all the questions?

"Look. You have been shot just two weeks ago. You should really eat. And not junk food. Those aren't going to do you good when you need to heal." Leslie replied, sticking in a straw in her juice.

Harry smiled. It felt good to be cared for.

"I'll pay you back for the lunch." Harry said, reaching out for his wallet.

Leslie shook her head. "No need. Think of it as a thank you for dinner yesterday."

Harry tried to give Leslie the money, but Leslie kept saying no, till Harry gave up.

"Next time, we should just use the company's card." Harry said, putting back his wallet to its original place.

"Oh, and Leslie?" Harry said as Leslie looked up at him, still chewing her bite of sandwich.

"Thanks." Harry said as he took a bite himself. He had to stifle his laughter when he saw how Leslie ate. She looked just like a baby chipmunk. She's cute. Harry soon shook the thought away. Why did he keep acting weird around her? He needed to get laid.

"You need to get what?" Leslie asked, her eyes full of innocence. Holy shit. Did he say that last part out loud?!

"Uh..I need to get Lays. Yes. I need to get Lays. You know, When we go grocery shopping later?"

Nice save, Harry. Nice save.

"Huh. Sure, I guess. I didn't know you liked chips that much." Leslie replied, drinking the last bit of juice from her cup.

"Haha, well.." Harry awkwardly replied.

"Well, It seems like you finished eating too, so I'll clean it all up." Leslie said as she started picking up all the trash that was on the table.

"Let me do it. You got the food. At least I can do is clean up." Harry said, taking the trash from her.

Leslie soon gave in as Harry insisted.

She thought of Harry as this snotty rich CEO who luckily inherited daddy's company at first.

She was so sure that Harry Sinne would never clean stuff up himself. She was frankly shocked last night when Harry agreed with eating McDonald's. She would have imagined him eating Foie gras with some wine and fancy music, but not McDonald's.

Harry Sinne was turning out to be the opposite of what she had originally thought.

*
Hope you enjoyed the chapter!
If you did, please click the little star on the left😍😍