Part 13 "Causing A Scene"

Lucas insisted on walking Leslie to the front of the building. 

"It's okay. I'm a bodyguard, remember? I can take care of myself." Leslie said as she tried to send Lucas off.

"I know you can take care of yourself. I just want to see you go inside safely." Lucas said.

Leslie huffed but didn't argue any further. It was only a 10-minute walk anyway. 

They were walking side by side, and Leslie couldn't help but notice that her little brother was already taller than her.

"Yikes. You really have grown! You're taller than me now!" Leslie laughed.

"Hey, I have outgrown you more than a few years ago." Lucas snorted.

"As if." Leslie nudged Lucas as they stood in front of the crosswalk. 

"Woah. Isn't that Harry Sinne who is pacing in front of that building?" Lucas said, pointing at Harry.

Leslie stared at Harry pacing about and wondered what he was doing out there.

"Whoah. You live here?" Lucas marveled as Leslie led them towards the building. 

Harry soon noticed them and narrowed his eyes. "Do you know how long I have been waiting out here for you?!" Harry said at Leslie, grinding his teeth.

Lucas stared at Leslie with wide eyes. "Wait, Is he talking to you?"

"Why are you out here? Do you want to get shot again? Is that it?" Leslie said to Harry, grinding her teeth too. She wasn't going to step down easily.

"You stormed out of the house without telling me where you are going. You ignored my calls. What am I supposed to do?!" Harry said, half screaming. 

"You know what? I'm not having this talk with you. For someone who should be caring a lot about his image, you aren't afraid to cause a scene." Leslie said coldly.

Lucas was staring at them wide-eyed. He just got that Leslie was hired by THE Harry Sinne. But why were they fighting like a married couple?

"You were out with your boyfriend having fun while I'm out here worried sick! I think I have the right to cause a scene." Harry scoffed.

"A right? A right??? You think you have the right to be mad after you froze me out for a week without any reason??" Okay. Now Leslie was seriously getting pissed.

"Um..I'm.." Lucas tried to speak up while he cowered at Harry's glower aimed at him.

"Butt out of this, Lucas." Leslie hissed.

"You know what? Speak up, Lucas." Harry said, still glaring at Lucas.

"I..Well, I..." Lucas stammered. Leslie and Harry's eyes were fixed on him, and it was making him hard to speak.

"I'm Leslie's brother." Lucas said. He held out his hand which surprised looking Harry shook.

"Oh..Uh...Nice to meet you." Harry stammered. This was not what he originally thought. His face started to burn.

Leslie sighed. "Lucas, It's late. Grandma and Grandpa would be worried by now. I'll catch you a cab." With that, Leslie turned her back on Harry as she waved her hand to stop an empty cab. 

Lucas glanced at Harry, who was staring at Leslie, rocking on his heels.

"Um...I didn't know my sister was working for you." Lucas said to Harry, who turned his eyes to him.

"Yeah...Sorry for what happened just now." Harry apologized, shaking his head. 

"Nah. I get it. You were jealous." Lucas smirked as Harry's eyes became the size of a walnut.

"Wah..? I'm not jealous. Why would I be jealous?" Harry started to defend himself when Lucas cut him off with a knowing smile.

"You know, My sister isn't in a relationship right now. If you really like her, you should make a fast move. Otherwise, someone else would." Lucas whispered as Leslie yelled that she had caught a cab.

"I really hope you would be my future brother in law!" Lucas said as he bounced off to ride the cab. Harry's ear started to burn. That kid had nerve. He had to give him that. 

So the person Leslie was talking to the other day was her brother? Man. He was far off. 

Leslie waved goodbye as the cab started off. She glanced at Harry who was standing in the same spot and walked away without a word.

Harry followed her closely. He could feel the second fight coming as soon as they stepped inside his apartment.

"We need to talk." Leslie said icily as she sat on the kitchen stool.

"About what?" Harry said, although he already knew what.

"About what? About how you have been icing me off for a week without a valid explanation. About how you were making out in your office while I was dragging my behind getting the groceries. About how you were yelling at me in front of everybody when I should be the one who should have been pissed!" Leslie said as she waved her hand around.

"Sorry?" Harry said. He didn't know what to say. I was pissed that you had a boyfriend while I had a thing for you? I had been icing you out because I was pissed at myself for not getting up the courage sooner? 

"Sorry? Is that all you have to say? I can't believe you. I'm your bodyguard. How can I protect you when you can't even talk to me without glaring at me for no reason? You constantly ignore me! If someone was aiming a gun at you and I told you to turn right, You would have turned left!" Leslie exclaimed. 

"You know what? It's getting late. You are working tomorrow. So yeah." Leslie turned around and went to her room, still slightly pissed. All he had to say what Sorry? My god. 

Harry stood in the middle of the living room, frustrated. He didn't know what just happened. All he knew that he said the wrong thing and now, Leslie was more mad than ever. Great. Just fucking great.