43.) Handcuffed Together

From: Kat⚡

So I'm just going to wing this.
I chose a random 'writing prompt' of the ones I've written down.

I can tell this is going to be bad already . . .
So, yeah, this is what I got!

Handcuffed Together.

⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩
Kenji - pronounced - Ken G - DON'T STEAL THIS NAME! I LOVE HIM. HE IS MY FAVORITE! GAHH YOUR GOING TO DO IT ANYWAY! AT LEAST YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO WRITE HIS CHARACTER! AND LET ME TELL YOU, IT'S NOT THE KENJI FROM THIS 'PROMPT' I JUST COULDN'T THINK OF A CUTE NAME TO GO WITH LUCY
Lucy - pronounced - Lou C - I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU DO WITH THIS NAME
⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩

"Seriously?" I let out a long sigh, trying to be as provocative as I can.

"Ahh, what now, Lucy?" Kenji throws his hand up in the air hazardously dragging my arm along with his.

"You smell bad and my wrist hurts," I whine.

"It's not like I planned on getting lost in the woods and handcuffed together!" He shouts frustrated. "And I do not smell bad, that horrid smell is probably coming from you," he counters.

"Na-uh! I smell like roses." I stick my nose in the air, away from him trying to act like some preppy school girl, which I'm not. He stifles out a low chuckle and tries to hide the fact that he has an enormous grin on his face. I nudge his body away from mine with my free hand, not remembering that we are handcuffed together and we both go tumbling down a small hill till we hit the bottom.

I end up on top of Kenji who is groaning at a pain I don't know about. "You okay?" I ask, still on top of him.

"Yeah, Princess, I'm okay." He kids around and plucks a few leaves out of my long black hair. "Man, when I find that little kid who did this to us I'm going to ring his neck," he spits out angrily.

"But why? That would mean you wouldn't be hanging out with this beautiful, green-eyed baby right here," I say in a cocky tone as I circle my face with the hand that isn't handcuffed to his.

"Okay, yeah whatever. Now, will you please get off of me so I can get off this stick that is stabbing me to death!" I can hear the irritation in his voice.

"Oh, yeah, sorry!" I jump away from him allowing him to get up.

"You know this isn't that bad." I drag out the word 'bad' in an overdramatic way. "Being handcuffed together, I mean," I say as I look around at the trees and the fallen leaves that cover the earth.

"What?" Kenji stops, hauling my body to a sudden stop.

"What, what?" I ask even though I already know what he asked with a smile on my face.

"Stop playing games with me, Lucy." His voice is steady and stern.

"Jeez, I just said this isn't that bad, being handcuffed and all." I give up on trying to lighten the mood.

"Okay well, I don't find this the slightest bit entertaining." His chest is heaving, up and down. He runs his free hand through his golden brown hair then down his face.

"Umm, Kenji?-" I start but get cut short.

"What?" He asks annoyed, I can tell by the tone in his voice.

"Jeez, Mr. Grumpy-Pants," I grumble underneath my breath. I decide I don't need to know if he knows where we are yet and just wrap my free arm around me as a breeze chills my body and continue to walk alongside him.

"You cold?" He asks, his voice softer now. I don't want to answer him. He has taken my good mood and burned it about a good two miles back. I just shrug my shoulders at him, not making eye contact.

"You're seriously going to act like this?" He asks but his voice is still soft. "Come here," he says and I look up at him.

"What?" I ask.

"Come here." He says again with his other hand pulling me closer to his body. He's warm, warmer than me. And I'm so cold. I tuck myself deeper into his chest and arm as we walk along the woods.

"I'm sorry. You're right, this is nice," he starts. "I didn't mean to sound so angry. It's just, sometimes you are too much at times, so cheery about things." He lets out a laugh. I look up at him and we stop waking altogether. "But that's one of the things I love about you," he says and kisses me on the forehead.

The mood changes when we both hear a rustle through the leaves nearby. "What was that?" I ask, a little scared of the unknown.

"I don't know," he states. He nods his head to the right and I follow him creeping, alongside him till we come to a hedge. We peer through it and find ourselves looking into the heart of the little town we call home and the boy - who handcuffed us together to steel our wagon - selling our wagon with all of its goods packed inside it.

"I'm going to kill 'em." Kenji spits out.

Okai that was terrible . . . ahh so cringeworthy!
😖😖😖😖😖😖😖😖😖😖😖😖😖😖😖😖😖😖😖😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬

Emma: No, it was cute! Not cringeworthy at all!

*Lots of updates today to catch up! ~ Emma and Kat*